SEGA's latest venture into free-to-play gaming comes in the form of Godsrule: War of Mortals, the newly launched browser-based combat title developed by Gogogic.
According to the SEGA blog, Godsrule: War of Mortals features a somewhat expected setup in the realm of MMOs, as players first choose one of two factions, the Keepers of the Ancient or the Souls of Ascension, before heading into the battlefield. However, instead of just being focused on battling, Godsrule also contains farming and city-building elements like those you'd see in Facebook games, as players can settle down, harvest crops and other resources, and even gather Mana in something called the Sacred Tree.
The more of the surrounding forest players clear as they build their cities, the more ruins, resources, and more they'll encounter. Clan Halls and Trading Posts bring social play into the experience, with players being encouraged to team up and take on the computer-controlled enemies. Or, if PvP (player versus player) battles are more up your alley, you can take part in those as well.
Godsrule: War of Mortals is now available to play for free right in your browser of choice. Check out the game's website for more info, or just jump into the game for yourself.
Play Godsrule: War of Mortals on PC now >
What do you think of SEGA's newest MMO? What do you think of browser-based games in general? Sound off in the comments!
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Select sandals are marked down to just $19.99 at the Jack Rogers 80…
- Professional chef reveals hack for getting eggshells out of your food
- Playtime is ‘no joke’ for this pretend-cashier dad: ‘Preparing them fo…
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card