In February, an 80-year-old Ohio woman died. Her obituary mentioned that she was survived by her daughter Carla Hale, as well as her daughter's partner, Julie. And with that, Carla says, she lost her job.
Hale is a longtime teacher at Bishop Watterson High School, a Catholic school in Columbus. An anonymous parent saw that Hale had listed the name of her female partner, and expressed her strong disapproval in a letter to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Columbus, Hale told the Columbus Dispatch. Soon after, she was fired.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap