Disney and Glidden® Bring Home the Magic with New Line of Innovative Paints and Specialty Finishes
Disney and Glidden®Bring Home the Magic with New Line of Innovative Paints and Specialty Finishes
Families Encouraged to Spread the Magic with Nationwide "My Magic Room" PJ Party Events
To tweet this release, copy and pastehttp://bit.ly/DisneyGliddento your twitter handle #DisneyPaint
GLENDALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Now families can transform a room and surround themselves with the magic of Disney in their own homes with Disney and Glidden® paint's new line of innovative paints and specialty finishes available exclusively at select Walmart stores across the country. Great for kids' bedrooms, bathrooms and play areas, every color helps bring Disney stories to life. Whether you want to welcome your baby home with a nursery inspired by the beautiful colors from Winnie the Pooh's Hundred Acre Wood, bring Mickey Mouse and some of his most colorful friends to your playroom, or brush on shades of pinks and purples to create a Disney Princess-inspired bedroom for your little princess, this new line of paint is easy to use for parents and made with kids in mind.
For more than two years, Disney Consumer Products and Glidden brand marketers collaborated to bring this innovative paint line to families. Glidden's expertise with a touch of Disney magic created a paint collection that provides parents a way to coat their spaces with all the amazing hues from favorite Disney stories. Discovering that more than 48 percent of parents purchasing bedding were also planning to paint their kid's room, it was essential that the colors in the collection also coordinated with Disney bedding products. Now making over a nursery or kid's room is simple, and any parent can be the designer they always wanted to be.
"The Disney Paint line is a magical collection of 112 exclusive colors grouped into three palettes, with imaginative Disney-themed names, designed to give parents and children options at every stage, from infant to tween," said Jason Stewart, director of softlines product development for Disney Consumer Products. "This makes decorating with your child easy and fun - no matter the age."
The new Disney Paint collections include:
- Colors to Begin With: These soft, subtle, soothing shades are perfect for creating a restful, relaxing nursery area for babies. Paint colors include timeless colors from Winnie the Pooh and other classic Disney stories, such as "Eeyore's Rain Cloud" and "Blushing Piglet," which coordinate with Winnie the Pooh infant bedding.
- Colors with Character: This collection includes six colorful palettes inspired by some of Disney's most cherished characters and their worlds, including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Disney Princess characters, Disney Fairies, Disney●Pixar's Cars and Monsters University. Each palette has 10 colors pulled from the character's unique world, such as "Cinderella's Ball Gown" and "Sulley's Fur," which are designed to complement Disney bedding and room accessories available at Walmart stores or online. This makes it even simpler to create a magical and personalized space for kids.
- Colors with Kick: These bold, vibrant colors, such as "Under the Hood" and "Glam Cam," are ideal for tweens and teens looking to create an imaginative, personalized space whether it's a fashionista's color infused bedroom or a half pipe inspired space for a daring skater.
"The ultra-durable formula of Disney Paint is perfect for kids' spaces because scuffs, crayon and pencil marks, little finger prints, and tough stains, such as grape juice, wash off easily without removing the color," said Aimee Lawlor, director of innovation for PPG Architectural Coatings, the parent company of Glidden paint. "Moms and dads can easily and affordably bring the world of Disney into their families' world by adding Disney Paint to the walls to achieve an exciting new look, or by adding a simple accent that sparkles, gleams, glows or turns walls into a chalkboard with one of the five new innovative and unique specialty finishes." The collection of five specialty finishes includes:
- All That Glitters: Add a pop of princess glam by using this clear, ready-to-use top coat that provides a shimmering glitter finish that can be applied over any painted surface.
- Great Slate: Previously chalkboard paints were only available in black, but this chalkboard paint is available in ready-to-use black or can be mixed to a variety of colors from blue and green to orange and red.
- Speck-Tacular: Now any bedroom can be a cause for celebration withthis clear, ready-to-use top coat that provides a sparkling confetti finish when applied over any painted surface.
- Ready, Set, Glow!: Apply this translucent yellow, ready-to-use paint to make any surface glow in the darkand change a room into a celestial experience or a fairies' forest.
- Magnificent Metallic: Ignite any space withthis metallic specialty finish paint that is available in ready-to-use gold or can be mixed to 24 unique colors.
"With Disney Paint, parents can transform their homes into places where their kids will love to play, sleep and most importantly, make memories," continued Stewart.
Families can experience the magic first hand by joining bloggers across the country in hosting a "My Magic Room PJ Party" during the weekends of April 26-28 and May 3-5. For tips on planning and hosting your own My Magic Room PJ Party, visit DisneyPaint.com.
Disney Paint is on shelves now at select Walmart stores across the country, retailing for $13.47 per quart and $27.97 per gallon. The specialty finishes retail for $10.97 - $19.97 per quart and All That Glitters and Speck-tacular are also available for $29.97 per gallon. Visit DisneyPaint.com to experiment with the virtual "Room Painter" tool or browse the gallery for additional ideas and inspiration.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYS: DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world's largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers' homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around seven strategic brand priorities: Disney Baby & Classic Characters, Disney Media Networks & Games, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Disney Live Action Film, Marvel, and Lucasfilm. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world's largest publisher of children's books, magazines, and digital products and also includes an English language learning business, consisting of over 40 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW's growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps that leverage Disney content in innovative ways. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney's official shopping portals online are www.DisneyStore.com and www.DisneyStore.co.uk. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products www.DisneyConsumerProducts.com or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving and www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving.
The Glidden® paint brand offers a rich tradition of innovation and color inspiration, having consistently embodied quality and performance for generations of customers. From the first latex paints that were developed and marketed under the Glidden brand decades ago, to today's broad assortment of versatile paints, Glidden paint makes it easy for consumers and contractors alike to turn inspiration into action and add color to people's lives. The Glidden brand is part of PPG Architectural Coatings, a global leader in coatings. For more information, visit glidden.com.
About PPG Architectural Coatings
PPG Architectural Coatings is a respected paint industry leader, providing paints and stains for homeowners and professionals around the globe. PPG's line-up of residential, commercial and industrial paint brands offer a wide range of choices to meet the varying needs of consumers, interior designers, painting contractors, property managers, developers and architects around the globe. A relentless commitment to the sharing of global technological advancements and operational best practices enables PPG Architectural Coatings to offer leading brands and exceptional service in both the consumer and trade channels of business. PPG Architectural Coatings is part of PPG Industries, a Fortune 200 leading coatings and specialty products company with operations in nearly 70 countries around the world. For more information on its Architectural Coatings business, visit ppgac.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article Disney and Glidden® Bring Home the Magic with New Line of Innovative Paints and Specialty Finishes originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.