Candy Crush Saga walkthrough, cheats and tips
Quick Start GuideGetting Started
After starting to play, the candy man takes you through a quick tour of the game and asks for your help with some local bandits and troublemakers. This will walk you through a short tutorial on how different actions work in Candy Crush Saga.
The outline of the game
In Candy Crush Saga, you move across a board to different spaces, each a different match-3 level. Only when you clear a level, can you progress to the next There are three basic types of levels: jelly levels, ingredient levels and timed levels.
- The basis of the game and each of the types of levels is as simple as it gets: move a candy in order to make a row or a column of at least 3 same-colored candies. If you make a line or row of more than 3 candies, you will get a special candy, which will be explained later.
- Aside from the timed levels, you can take as long as you want to think about your next move. The only limit the game gives you, is the amount of moves you use to reach the level's target.
- When you have either reached the level's target, or the time limit is over, Candy Crush will happen. Any special candies left on the board will be activated and make extra combinations to improve your score even further.
- In Jelly levels, the goal is to remove all the jellies from the board. A jelly is removed by making a match over the jelly's square. Almost fully transparent squares need one match to remove the jelly, while only slightly transparent squares need two matches: one match to make it almost fully transparent and one more match to completely remove the jelly.
- There are also stone squares: the squares don't actually have any candies to use, but they need to be opened up. When a match is made on one of the squares next to the stone square, it will break open and can be used.
- While you'll spend most of the matches clearing the normal field, there are two things to always watch for: jelly squares at the top of the field, and jelly squares in odd corners of the field. As these are kind of tucked away on the board, you have to make sure that whenever there is a possibility to remove those, you have to take it, because you won't know when another chance comes up.