Draw Rider picked up a 4 out of 5 star score in our review this morning, but what if you're struggling to get to grips with the tricky handling in the game? We've got you covered with our useful hints and tips.
- Unlike just about every other videogame you've ever played, Draw Rider's controls are laid out rather awkwardly - steering's on the right, acceleration and braking on the left. We found it near impossible to get good times this way, so head into the settings section and move the individual buttons around to suit.
- To create a level of your very own, you need to head into the Editor section from the main menu, then use the tools available by clicking on the arrows to build your landscape. To test out your creation before sharing it with the world, click on the icon that shows a man on a motorbike. This will allow you to tweak your level to perfection.
- Speed isn't everything in this game, and you'll very often be tempted into taking a huge run-up....only to end up in a game-ending pit. If you're struggling to get over a particular obstacle, have a look at the surrounding scenery and see if there's a slower, but more reliable path.
- You'll find it much easier to make a stable landing if you always try to land your wheel entirely parallel with whatever landscape is below. That way, it's less likely you'll be forced to make an urgent adjustment to your rider to stop him spinning out of control.
- If you're struggling to get over an obstacle, trying rocking your rider backwards and forwards to gently lift him over the challenge. It won't always work, but combining this with subtle use of the accelerator can often make the difference between success and failure.
- Each of the Challenge levels of the game has a special trick up its sleeve - you might have to complete the level successfully without using certain buttons, for example, or navigate a seemingly impossible obstacle. Here's a tip: check if there's any landscape behind you. Very often you'll need to rock the bike to get it rolling backwards a little, so that you gain a little more space to build up your speed in.
- There are plenty of cosmetic upgrades to be made to your character and vehicle, but you'll need to get a certain number of gold medals to unlock them all. If you want to unlock the early ones, don't be too tempted to rush into the harder levels. Clean up the comparatively easier levels to a gold standard first.
- To access the community's growing pile of user-created levels, head to the Online section from the main menu and look at what's available. While some of the community content is a little hit-and-miss, some of it is outstanding - for the best content, sort by 'top rated' so you can see all the best levels that have already been given a thumbs-up.
Download Draw Rider: iOS