Just when we thought we'd seen the heights of luxury, we get wind of this news: Saudi Arabia's Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal has purportedly sold his "flying palace," valued at approximately $500 million, to a fellow unnamed billionaire. It's not so much the transaction that got our attention, however. (The 1 percent play millionaire's monopoly all the time.) It's the fact that the property is literally an airborne palace.
According to Curbed, Prince Al-Waleed hired interior designer Edese Doret to turn his double-decker jumbo jet into a jaw-droppingly luxury space. From the glass chandeliers, to the 14-seat dining table, to those ornate glass lamps, plush leather cream sofas and flat-screen TVs, it's a McMansion with wings. In fact, if it weren't for the tiny circular windows, you wouldn't even be able to tell from the inside that you're on an airplane!
According to Arabian Business, Prince Al-Waleed's Airbus A380 "superjumbo" was sold in late 2012 and supposedly had a layout that accommodated "two Rolls-Royce cars and a number of horses." No confirmation on that, but we're guessing TSA shot the horse idea down.
See more royal accommodations:
Kensington Palace Reopens to Public After a Royal Makeover
Russian Princess Kristina Kovalenko Puts NYC Condo Up for Sale
Prince William and Kate to Flee City for Remote Home
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap