Panasonic Delivers Breakthrough Innovation and Performance, Expanding its Portfolio of Advanced Secu
Panasonic Delivers Breakthrough Innovation and Performance, Expanding its Portfolio of Advanced Security and Surveillance Solutions at ISC West 2013
Additions to its Complete Line of Cameras, Recorders and Video Management Software Include Full HD 1080p Indoor/Outdoor PTZ and Dome Cameras, Innovative Rain-Resistant Dome Coating, and a Flexible H.264 Single Channel Encoder
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Building on its reputation as a global leader in imaging technologies that deliver break-through performance and reliability, Panasonic today announced an array of new additions to its video surveillance and security solutions portfolio. New innovations include a wide variety of indoor and outdoor PTZ and dome cameras now available with full HD 1080p imaging, day/night analog surveillance cameras with Infrared LED, a new hydrophilic "rain-resistant" camera dome coating for improved visibility during rainy conditions, and a high quality H.264 single channel encoder — all on display in Panasonic's booth (#14035) at the annual International Security Conference and Exposition (ISC West) in Las Vegas, April 10-12, 2013.
"We continue to expand the breadth and performance of our portfolio to ensure we have the best, most comprehensive offering of products and system solutions available," said Greg Peratt, Panasonic video solutions integration team senior director. "Our diverse and growing customer base spans a wide variety of markets and industries and we have the unique advantage of being able to provide any combination of products, or complete system solutions, to best meet their needs."
New products being shown at ISC West include:
- Hydrophilic "Rain-Resistant" Dome Coating : The industry's first permanent, "rain-resistant" water repellant coating allows rain drops to flatten onto the surface of the camera dome, providing better visibility and viewing capabilities in rainy conditions. In addition, water stains on the cameras dome surface can be washed away by rain or simply spraying it with water, no wiping required. The rain-resistant coating will be available as a standard feature on the following three models (WV-SW396A, WV-SW395A, and WV-CW594A) in April, and the full HD outdoor PTZ dome camera (WV-SW598) beginning in July.
- High Quality Single Channel H.264 Encoder : Helping to bridge analog and IP environments, the new single channel H.264 encoder (WJ-GXE100) available now, enables additional flexibility by converting any analog signal to an IP signal. This dramatically simplifies platform management and enables users to make the most of their existing analog investments while enjoying the benefits of IP. Its small form factor allows it to be placed in camera housings and its Power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities eliminates additional cabling requirements. The single channel encoder is also capable of controlling a wide variety of non-Panasonic analog cameras.
- Infrared LED Analog Dome Cameras : New day/night indoor (WV-CF314L) and outdoor (WV-CW314L) analog fixed dome cameras, both available in July, provide infrared (IR) LED and advanced features, delivering a true night vision experience with high-sensitivity day/night function. Other features include adaptive black stretch (ABS) to enhance visibility of dark areas without degrading image quality in bright areas, adaptive digital noise reduction in various conditions, 2x digital zoom, lens distortion correction, and auto image stabilization for applications where vibration or wind are a concern.
Variety of New Cameras Make Jump to Full HD 1080p :
- New Super Dynamic, weather resistant pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) indoor (WV-SC588), available in September, and outdoor (WV-SW598) dome network cameras, available in July, deliver full HD 1080p images at up to 30fps for super high resolution, featuring 30x optical zoom, multi-stream capabilities, and H.264 compression to reduce bandwidth and storage requirements. Super Dynamic and ABS delivers 128x wider dynamic range than conventional cameras and Face Super Dynamic ensures clear facial images.
- Indoor compact non-vandal resistant (WV-SF138) and outdoor IP66 rated weather and vandal resistant (WV-SW158) compact dome cameras, both available in July, feature full HD 1080p images with optional lenses. Variable Image Quality on Specified area (VIQS) technology allows two designated areas to retain higher image quality while excluded areas will have decreased image quality for reduced image file size and bit rate. Optional lenses offer additional flexibility enabling users to customize and optimize for very wide area or ultra-zoom viewing.
- 360° panoramic indoor (WV-SF438) and outdoor IP66 rated weather and vandal resistant (WV-SW458) cameras, both available now, feature full HD 1080p resolution and 360° and 180° panoramic fields of view. Multi-stream capabilities eliminate blind spots and the need for multiple cameras in high-traffic locations. Additional features include H.264 high-profile compression technology to minimize transmission and recording bandwidth requirements, exclusive Mega Super Dynamic processing, distortion correction, and multiple transmission modes for versatile monitoring of wide areas.
- TAA Compliant Cameras: Announcing more than a dozen cameras that are Trade Agreement Act (TAA) compliant, a requirement to do business with government agencies.
Panasonic Solutions for Business
Built on a celebrated engineering foundation, Panasonic architects business technology solutions that help build a better world. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to help them acquire, manage and interpret the information that drives innovation. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance, retail point-of-sale, office productivity, high definition visual conferencing, visual communications (professional projectors, displays, digital signage) and HD and 3D video production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, which is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
All brand and company/product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies. All specifications are subject to change without notice. Information on Panasonic solutions for business can be obtained by calling 877-803-8492 or at www.panasonic.com/business-solutions.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Based in Secaucus, NJ, Panasonic Corporation of North America provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and services for consumer, business and industrial use. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation, and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. Panasonic is committed to becoming the electronics industry's leader in green innovation by its one-hundredth anniversary in 2018. In the 2012 Interbrand Annual Best Global Green Brands ranking, the Panasonic brand jumped four spots to number six: http://www.interbrand.com/en/best-global-brands/Best-Global-Green-Brands/2012-Report.aspx. As part of its continuing efforts to reduce its carbon footprint, Panasonic Corporation of North America will relocate its operations to a new eco-efficient office tower adjacent to a mass transit hub in Newark, NJ in 2013. Information about Panasonic Eco Ideas initiatives is available at http://panasonic.net/eco/ecoideas. Information about Panasonic and its products is available at www.panasonic.com. Additional company information for journalists is also available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
KEYWORDS: United States Asia Pacific North America Nevada New Jersey Japan
The article Panasonic Delivers Breakthrough Innovation and Performance, Expanding its Portfolio of Advanced Security and Surveillance Solutions at ISC West 2013 originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.