Military Times Names Colorado Technical University Best Online College and Among Top Business School
Military TimesNames Colorado Technical University Best Online College and Among Top Business Schools for Veterans
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Colorado Technical University (CTU), a leading provider of education for career-focused students, has been named best online university according to Military Times'"Best for Vets: Colleges 2013" list, an annual ranking of colleges that support military veterans, among those responding to a detailed survey. The rankings and survey methodology appeared in Military Times' November 2012 issue. CTU received this top honor in the "Online and Nontraditional" category, meaning it serves military students primarily online or through a network of small campuses. Additionally, the March 2013 issue of Military Times ranked CTU No. 15 among the top 24 graduate-level Business Schools in the country for veterans.
"Being recognized as the best online school and one of the best business schools for student veterans shows our ongoing commitment to helping military members reach their higher education goals," said Jim Hendrickson, CTU vice president of military relations and executive director of the CTU Wounded Warrior Scholarship Program. "CTU is dedicated to providing these deserving individuals with the academic programs and career support they need, including a virtual campus they can access anywhere, anytime."
More than 650 schools responded to this year's "Best for Vets: Colleges 2013" survey and more than 100 responded to the first-ever "Best for Vets: Business Schools" survey sponsored by Military Times, an independent source of news and information for the military community. For each, schools were rated on numerous factors identified by the publication that are considered to be valued in a college or university by student veterans, including:
- Yellow Ribbon participation - indicates whether a school is participating in the Veterans Affairs Department's Yellow Ribbon program during the 2012-13 school year, under which a school and VA contribute equal amounts to partially or fully make up the difference between a school's tuition and the Post-9/11 GI Bill's nationwide cap. CTU participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program at the highest level permitted and has no restriction on the number of students or programs that are eligible for these funds.
- Veterans' office - indicates whether a school has a central office for handling veterans' issues. CTU has a vice president-level administrator exclusively supporting a military and veteran specific department that includes staff representation from every administrative department in the university.
- Accepts American Council on Education (ACE) credits - indicates whether a school grants at least some academic credit for military training, as recommended by ACE. CTU provides a complete and early transfer credit evaluation for students and encourages every military or veteran student to request a military transcript for evaluation. CTU applies ACE recommended transfer credit where academically feasible and in compliance with accreditor and university guidelines.
- Veteran staff - rates the number of staff members dedicated to veterans issues, how much time they spend on veteran-specific work and other factors. CTU's Department of Military Education has representation in every administrative department with more than 100 staff members who work exclusively with military and veteran students and their spouses.
- Accreditation - indicates a school's institutional accreditation. CTU is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCACS).
Inclusion on the Military Times "Best for Vets" list is among the many acknowledgements CTU has received for supporting military students. For the last four consecutive years, CTU has also been recognized as a top military-friendly school by G.I. Jobs Magazine.
For more information on CTU and its military-friendly programs, visit: www.coloradotech.edu/Military.
About Colorado Technical University
Founded in 1965, Colorado Technical University (CTU) provides higher education for today's career-focused students and offers support, flexibility and resources to help students pursue new opportunities. CTU's industry-focused curriculum has courses taught by instructors, many with experience in the fields that they teach. CTU was named to the 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 list of military-friendly schools by G.I. Jobs Magazine, which includes the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools which are doing the most to embrace America's veterans as students. At CTU, students can collaborate with people from all over the country via the CTU award-winning Virtual Campus, which was recognized as the "Best of the Best" in the Education and Academia category of the 2009 Computerworld Honors program. Students can also connect on campuses in multiple cities. CTU students can choose from more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs. For more information, please visit www.coloradotech.edu.
CTU is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, www.ncahlc.org. CTU is also a member of the Career Education Corporation (NAS: CECO) network of universities, colleges and schools. For more information visit www.careered.com. CTU cannot guarantee employment or salary. Find disclosures on graduation rates, student financial obligations and more at www.coloradotech.edu/disclosures.
For Colorado Technical University
Amanda Meyer, 303-951-2558
KEYWORDS: United States North America Colorado
The article Military Times Names Colorado Technical University Best Online College and Among Top Business Schools for Veterans originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.