By Sharon Vornholt
Just about everyone takes care of the maintenance on their personal home; it's a matter of pride for most of us. We all know that it doesn't take too long for little problems to become big problems. Over the years, I have found that many landlords just aren't as diligent when it comes to resolving problems in their rental property.
So What's the Problem?
Why is it that they don't get taken care of in a timely manner? I think it's primarily the lack of having a system to help them stay on track. Landlords certainly know that the failure to diligently monitor the condition of their properties can lead to costly damage over time.
Another downside to not taking care of routine maintenance is that it will always lead to unhappy tenants, and unhappy tenants move out. This leaves you not only with a lot of costly repairs you have to do anyway but delays in getting the home rented again.
It's time to stop procrastinating. Here's a quick checklist you can use for keeping your properties in tip top shape.
This article was originally published on BiggerPockets.com.
Find homes for rent in your area.
See more on BiggerPockets.com:
The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing
Tenant Screening: The Ultimate Guide
9 Steps to Flipping Houses
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See more celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap