eHarmony Advice: 15 Reasons to Date a Farmer
SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Unless you suffer from hay fever and hate the country, farmers make pretty great dates. Here are 15 reasons to date a farmer:
1. They aren't afraid of putting down roots. In fact, your farmer is probably already based somewhere — with long-term plans to stay there.
2. Farmers are fit, toned and tanned. (The "tanned" part might only apply to their forearms. But those forearms are great.)
3. Many farmers subscribe to good ol' fashioned family values — and will be proud to treat you with gentleness and respect.
4. There's something sexy about working the land, cultivating plants and raising beef that nourish a nation. Your stomach will benefit.
5. It's trendy to be eco-aware. Your farmer is as close to being "one with the land" as they come.
6. Free tractor rides.
7. Farmers are traditionally loyal and protective.
8. The rural lifestyle provides plenty of fresh air, vitamin D, and panoramic views with zero skyscrapers in sight.
9. You can visit your date at work — if you don't mind getting manure on your shoes.
10. Farmers are essentially small business owners. They must have both brains and brawn to keep their farm running successfully.
11. Farmers are community players, often helping out neighboring farms when another farmer is struggling to get their crops in on time.
12. Most farmers want to keep the farm in the family. Thus, they want children.
13. Farmers work hard every single day of the year without complaint.
14. Farmers don't live in condos.
15. Farmers are trustworthy. If a few dozen cattle can trust the farmer with their lives, surely your date can handle responsibility.
About eHarmony, Inc.
Santa Monica, Calif.-based eHarmony, Inc. (www.eharmony.com) was founded in 2000 and is a pioneer in using relationship science to match singles seeking long-term relationships. Its service presents users with compatible matches based on key dimensions of personality that are scientifically proven to predict highly successful long-term relationships. On average, 542 people marry every day in the U.S. as a result of being matched on eHarmony, nearly 5% of new marriages.* Currently, eHarmony operates online matchmaking services in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and Brazil, and through its affiliation with eDarling, in 16 countries throughout continental Europe.
*2009 survey conducted for eHarmony by Harris Interactive.®
Coltrin & Associates, for eHarmony
Jennifer Webb, 212-221-1616 ext. 102
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article eHarmony Advice: 15 Reasons to Date a Farmer originally appeared on Fool.com.
Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.