Canon to Exhibit Laser MFPs and Document Scanners at 2013 American Bar Association TECHSHOW Conferen
Canon to Exhibit Laser MFPs and Document Scanners at 2013 American Bar Association TECHSHOW Conference and Expo
MELVILLE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will be an exhibitor at the American Bar Association's TECHSHOW 2013 Legal Technology Conference & Expo taking place April 4 - 6, at the Hilton Chicago. Canon will showcase its imageCLASS laser printers and multifunction printers and imageFORMULA document scanners, demonstrating the value that products with robust speed, exceptional output and flexibility can offer to the legal sector. Visitors to the Canon booth (#812) will also learn how legal organizations can seamlessly integrate Canon solutions into their document workflows to help improve efficiency, control and security.
Solutions on display this year include:
- Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw Multifunction Printer: Ideal for law firms seeking an all-in-one printer that also delivers high-quality color output, the Canon Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw MFP outputs up to 21 pages-per-minute (ppm)1 in both color and black and white. For an added time-saving feature, a user can send scanned documents and forward received faxes to a recipient through e-mail or a file server directly from the printer. To enable the printing of large amounts of legal documents at once, the MF8580Cdw is equipped with a 250-sheet front-loading cassette, a 50-sheet multipurpose tray, and there is an optional 250-sheet cassette for extended print capacity. With the 50-sheet duplex auto document feeder (ADF), users can copy, scan and fax two-sided documents with ease. To help protect confidential documents, the MF8580Cdw features Secure Print, which requires users to enter a code to release their printed documents. Additionally, the MF8580Cdw is compatible with the free Canon Mobile Printing 3 app and Google Cloud Print™4, providing business users the flexibility to print remotely while on the go.
- imageCLASS LBP6780dn Printer: A great solution for networked law office environments, the imageCLASS LBP6780dn printer delivers speedy output and produces professional-quality printing results. Handling paper sizes up to legal, the imageCLASS LBP6780dn laser printer features a 500-sheet cassette plus 100-sheet multi-purpose tray, with two optional 500-sheet paper cassettes available to help increase office productivity. The LBP6780dn delivers print speeds of up to 42 ppm1, has a high yield replacement cartridge of up to 12,500 pages, and uses just 0.9 watts in Energy Saver mode. The LBP6780dn is also compatible with the free Canon Mobile Printing3 app and allows users to print a variety of file types directly from a flash drive.
- imageFORMULA DR-G1130 Production Document Scanner: The DR-G1130 scanner is ideal for processing large amounts of legal documents in mission-critical, centralized scanning environments. It has been developed to withstand the rigors of production-level scanning, while maintaining high-speeds of up to 130 ppm2—scanning both sides in a single pass—and holds up to 500 sheets in its ADF. The scanner is also flexible enough to reliably handle a variety of document types, which helps reduce pre-sorting and job preparation efforts.
- imageFORMULA ScanFront 300P Networked Document Scanner: The imageFORMULA ScanFront 300P scanner is a full-featured, easy-to-use and manage device developed to capture, convert and share documents across a network, which can help improve collaboration. A built-in color touch-screen interface provides a clear preview of digitized documents, and lets users easily select document destinations including e-mail, a shared folder, an FTP server, a USB drive, a printer or a fax server. The ScanFront 300P scanner has robust security features, including device or server authentication, a fingerprint reader and document encryption.
- imageFORMULA DR-C125 Office Document Scanner: Legal organizations can benefit from the DR-C125 scanner's space-saving size, ease of use, and flexibility. Compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems, it includes Full Auto Mode, through which a single click adjusts multiple feature settings to easily deliver an optimal scanned image. Slim and narrow, the DR-C125 scanner can handle a variety of items, including thick or thin documents, long or oversized documents, and wallet-sized plastic or embossed cards.
- imageFORMULA P-208 Personal Document Scanner: The P-208 scanner is ideal for home, office, and mobile users. It provides general purpose scanning of various items, including receipts, business cards, photographs, bills, contracts, reports, letters, plastic ID cards or driver's licenses, and more. Slim and lightweight for easy portability and device sharing, the P-208 scanner can help improve personal efficiency, organization and productivity. The P-208 scanner lets users "Plug-and-Scan," without installing drivers or applications, and can send scanned images directly to cloud applications. It works with Windows and Mac operating systems, and with iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, and Android™ devices when combined with the optional WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack and free downloadable Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYS: CAJ) , ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. received the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1 Print speed is based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected as well as on the settings for size, type, and orientation of paper.
2 Examples based on typical settings, rated in pages/images per minute with letter-sized documents, portrait feeding direction, up to 200dpi. Actual processing speeds may vary based on PC performance and application software.
3Requires Canon Mobile Printing app, available free on the App store. Compatible with iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad mini, iPad 4, the new iPad, iPad 2, and the original iPad running OS 6.0.1 - 6.1.2.
4Requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update.
Canon U.S.A. Web site:
For sales information/customer support:
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Robert Luckett, 631-330-5205
Siobhan Cullagh, 631-330-4602
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article Canon to Exhibit Laser MFPs and Document Scanners at 2013 American Bar Association TECHSHOW Conference and Expo originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.