Despite Doom 4 having been in development since sometime in 2008, Bethesda has announced that a "new version," is in the works, after it was decided that the previous five years of work were too mediocre to continue with.
According to some, the game had become very Call of Duty like, with lots of big set pieces with waves of enemies running towards the player and there was the obligatory driving scene where the AI drives the character along while they man a big gun of some kind mounted on the back. You know, the usual fair.
It had apparently got so bad that many developers were calling it Call of Doom.
The problem, according to one Kotaku source, is that while developer id software has a lot of talented people, its management structure was too distracted by Rage development, release and subsequent DLC offerings. Now that those people have come back around to Doom 4 development, they've realised something is horribly wrong.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Today only: Score up to 30% off Calphalon cookware on Amazon
- Dessert-inspired cocktails to satisfy your sweet tooth
- TikTokers share cozy casseroles for fall and winter
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021