Roman emperor Tiberius was one of the world's greatest generals, having conquered Pannonia, Dalmatia, Raetia, and temporarily Germania under his 23-year reign. But when he wasn't busy building his empire, he was living the luxe life on his own private fortress villa, named Castiglione, atop the Italian island of Capri. And now it's on the market for a whopping $44.85 million.
The castle-like structure towers 250 meters above sea level and boasts 360-degree views over the island, according to the listing. The main home boasts 6,921 square feet of space and a circular swimming pool overlooking the Mediterranean. The home is flanked by 9.8 acres of garden and endless miles of glistening blue ocean. Definitely one to add to our wish list!
Diletta Spinola of Sotheby's International Realty has the listing. Thanks to our pals at Curbed for the tip!
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See more celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap