April Fools' Day is our annual celebration of lies and trickery. But every year a handful of office pranksters are reminded that certain lies and tricks are illegal.
Susan Tinker, 20, who works at a Waffle House in Hampton, Virginia allegedly called the police just before 6 a.m. on Monday to report a robbery, reports The Smoking Gun. A robbery that was a whimsical fabrication, according to the police that arrested and charged the woman with falsely summoning them to the scene.
"Responding officers investigated the incident and determined that the complaint was a fabrication in celebration of 'April Fool's Day,'" the Hampton police stated in a media release.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap