Hollywood heavyweight Joel Schumacher, the director of the cult 1980s film "St. Elmo's Fire" and a trio of "Batman" movies, has just thrown his gorgeous California mansion at the foothills of Carpinteria on the market for $7.25 million. And we want it. Bad.
Decked out in earthy and neutral tones and boasting wood-beamed cathedral-style ceilings, stone walls and fireplaces, the home is a far cry from the glass-walled McMansions of Schumacher's fellow A-list neighbors. It's also positively flanked by lush vegetation as well as nature and ocean views. The three-bedroom main house (featured in Architectural Digest in 2003) has colorful, almost Aztec-style furnishings and gorgeous shabby-chic vintage decor. An estate that's as stylish as Shumacher's movies -- bravo!
Riskin Associates has the listing. Thanks to our pals at Curbed for the tip!
Find more homes for sale in Carpinteria, Calif., or search listings in your area.
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See more celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap