Time Warner Cable Business Class Opens Data Center in Manhattan to Help Businesses Protect Their Inf
Time Warner Cable Business Class Opens Data Center in Manhattan to Help Businesses Protect Their Information Technology Assets
Data Center Enables Businesses to Locate Their IT Assets in Secure High-Tech Facility
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Time Warner Cable Business Class, a premier provider of business communications solutions, today officially opened a data center in New York City to provide businesses with a secure facility for their information technology assets. The 17,000 square-foot facility is located at 395 Hudson Street in Lower Manhattan and offers flexible space options to serve the needs of businesses of all sizes.
"Information technology is the lifeblood of any business and protecting these assets in a secure data center is a high priority in today's business world," said Ken Fitzpatrick, President of Time Warner Cable Business Class, East Region. "We are pleased to offer the business community this data facility to serve all their colocation needs. Our data facility gives IT managers the peace of mind that their assets are safe, accessible and available to ensure their businesses operate optimally."
The data center is designed to meet the needs of enterprise, small-and medium-sized businesses, as well as governmental and educational entities, seeking to manage their IT infrastructure with efficiency, security and redundancy. Doing so ensures that critical data operations perform uninterrupted and at the highest level of performance.
New York State Senator Brad Hoylman said, "As the State Senator representing the heart of New York City's rapidly-expanding tech sector, I'm proud to welcome this Time Warner Cable Business Class data center to my district. Access to secure data centers is increasingly important for large and small businesses, and I think Time Warner Cable's center will help serve as a catalyst for continued growth in the IT industry, which is key to our city's economic future."
"It's exciting that Time Warner Cable Business Class recognizes the need for more secure data center space in New York City and has built this impressive colocation facility," said Erik Grimmelmann, Executive Director of the New York Technology Council (NYTECH), a non-profit industry association dedicated to the furtherance of the technology industry in New York. "Not only is technology an important and rapidly growing sector in New York's economy, but it is also an essential component of the businesses in all sectors."
Highlights and features of the facility include:
- Ideal Location: Located at 395 Hudson Street, the facility is located in the business and financial capital of the world. The site, which is located in a Zone B 100 year floodplain, was untouched by floods resulting from Hurricane Sandy.
- Flexible Space Options: Unlike many data centers, Time Warner Cable Business Class provides companies with the flexibility to take space that meets their needs. Space in the 17,000 square-foot facility is offered in U-nits, quarter-sized, half-sized and full racks, as well as customer cages.
- High Availability Network: The data center offers Dedicated Internet Access and Ethernet services from Time Warner Cable Business Class. The facility is also carrier neutral, enabling clients to cross connect multiple providers.
- Secure Power: The facility is powered by diverse power routes and parallel UPS that feed from two Con Edison substations on different grids. The facility is also equipped with dual generators for redundant back-up power with hot refuel capabilities.
- 24/7 Security: The facility is guarded 24/7 by security personnel as well as the latest in security monitoring.
- Remote Hands: Onsite professionals provide clients with an array of services, including maintenance and support, as well as scheduled and unscheduled tech-support.
- Green Advantages: As a member of The Green Grid, the facility deploys energy efficient technologies and utilizes energy efficient hardware and equipment to offer a green environment.
Time Warner Cable Business Class, through its NaviSite subsidiary, is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-enabling hosting, managed applications and services. With the opening of this Lower Manhattan data center, Time Warner Cable Business Class now operates nine state-of-the-art data centers throughout the United States, and another in the United Kingdom.
For more information about Time Warner Cable Business Class services, visit www.twcbc.com.
About Time Warner Cable Business Class
Time Warner Cable Business Class, a division of Time Warner Cable (NYS: TWC) , offers a full complement of business communications tools to small-and medium-sized businesses and enterprise-sized companies. Its phone, Internet, Ethernet, cable TV and security solutions are enhanced by award-winning customer service and local support teams. Through its NaviSite subsidiary, the Company also offers managed and outsourced information technology solutions and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Business Class was founded in 1998. Today, it serves over 550,000 business customers throughout Time Warner Cable's markets.
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article Time Warner Cable Business Class Opens Data Center in Manhattan to Help Businesses Protect Their Information Technology Assets originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.