For those of us who haven't read "Fifty Shades Of Grey," you might be as surprised as us to learn that the major events of the steamy book series take place in the penthouse of the Escala tower at 1920 4th Avenue in Seattle. Even if you haven't read the book, you're probably not surprised to learn that the real-life penthouse has sold for the massive price tag of $6.2 million. According to brokers, it's the highest price for a Seattle condo in three years.
No, author E.L. James wasn't the seller. She's never actually set foot in the penthouse she's made famous, merely using it as a stepping-off point for the one in her novels. However, the 5,100-square-foot condo with a 1,000-square-foot terrace looks extremely similar -- to those who have read them. We don't know much about buyers Ed and Cynthia Maletis, but we hope they understand that everyone is now going to assume they're constantly doing bondage role-playing all the time. Have fun, kids.
This article was originally published on Curbed.
Find other homes for sale in Seattle or search listings in your area.
See more on Curbed:
Mapping the Country's 20 Frank Lloyd Wright Listings
A Look at Urban Micro-Homes Across the Globe
Late Muckraker Dominick Dunne's Home Renovated, Re-Listed
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
See more celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap