The Media Are Invited to Attend the FIRST® Robotics Competition Arizona Regional
The Media Are Invited to Attend the FIRST®Robotics Competition Arizona Regional
The Media Are Invited to Attend the
FIRST® Robotics Competition Arizona Regional
March 22-23, 2013
8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Hamilton High School
3700 South Arizona Ave.
Chandler, AZ 85248
- High-school robotics competition
- Any student participating on a FIRST team is eligible to apply for $16 million in scholarships
- 50 teams participating, including 44 from Arizona, one from Mexico, three from New Mexico and two from California
- Teams had six weeks to build a robot that can throw Frisbees to score points. Teams can score extra points if their robots climb towers in the final seconds of a two-minute and fifteen-second match. Three teams are grouped into "alliances" for each match.
- Winners are eligible to attend the FRC World Championship in St. Louis, Apr. 24-27, 2013
- Free and open to the public
*** INTERVIEW/PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES ***
- Still and video photography permitted
- Media interview opportunities with FIRST students and their mentors from the community
Terri Thorson, Public Relations Specialist
Microchip Technology Inc.
On-site media contact:
Carol Popovich, Regional Director, Cell 480-335-2091
High-res FIRST Logo available through contact, or Flickr:
More information about FIRST in Arizona
More information about FIRST, worldwide:
About Microchip Technology
Microchip Technology Inc. (NAS: MCHP) is a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal analog and Flash-IP solutions, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality. For more information, visit the Microchip website at http://www.microchip.com/get/CSXF.
Note:The Microchip name and logo are registered trademarks of Microchip Technology Incorporated in the U.S.A., and other countries.All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective companies.
Microchip Technology Inc.
Terri Thorson, 480-792-4386
Public Relations Specialist
KEYWORDS: United States North America Arizona
The article The Media Are Invited to Attend the FIRST® Robotics Competition Arizona Regional originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.