Elastichosts Enters Asia-Pacific with Platform Equinix
Elastichosts Enters Asia-Pacific with Platform Equinix
Establishes first Asia-Pacific point-of-presence in Hong Kong IBX data center to offer cloud services
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. & HONG KONG--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that Elastichosts, a global Cloud Server provider, has deployed in Equinix's International Business Exchange (IBX®) data center in Hong Kong. This enables the company to provide its easy-to-use, pay-as-you-go Cloud Servers to businesses throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Elastichosts is leveraging Equinix's network density and rich cloud ecosystem to grow its business in Hong Kong, as well as in neighboring countries such as Taiwan, China, Singapore, and the rest of ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations).
Highlights / Key Facts
- According to Gartner the total public cloud services market size in 2011 was $91.4 billion and is forecast to grow to $206.6 billion in 2016. High growth rates will occur in emerging markets, including the top three growth countries of India, Indonesia and China1. With the new point-of-presence in Equinix's IBX data center in Hong Kong, Elastichosts can capitalize on the growing demand for cost-effective, scalable cloud services in the region.
- Elastichosts provides on-demand, scalable Cloud Servers, offering its customers flexibility while ensuring a high level of availability and performance. Its target customers include small-to-medium retail businesses such as Web application developers and start-ups, as well as systems integrators and mid-to-large resellers of cloud products.
- Performance is everything in the cloud services business. By housing its infrastructure in Equinix's secure and network-dense IBX data center, Elastichosts can directly interconnect with every major network to reduce latency and offer greater redundancy and faster connection speeds to its customers. Equinix provides a specialized ecosystem for direct connection to over 4,000 partners and customers including over 900 network providers.
- Platform Equinix™ in Hong Kong also provides Elastichosts with the ideal vehicle to grow its foothold in the region. The broad reach of ecosystems available with Platform Equinixgives Elastichosts access to a large marketplace of potential customers for revenue generating opportunities. Equinix's existing customers will also be able to connect their IT infrastructure directly to Elastichost's cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Server provider will also leverage Equinix's global footprint to enter other markets in Asia.
- Richard Davies, CEO, Elastichosts:
"Deploying with Equinix in Hong Kong brings us immediate benefits as we enter the Asia-Pacific market. We are in close proximity to hundreds of networks and through these networks, closer to our customers. Its rich ecosystem gives us the confidence that we can gain access to a broad pool of potential customers and partners to grow our revenue, while its global footprint ensures we can achieve rapid deployment and scalability as we expand our presence across Asia-Pacific."
- Eric Hui, director of Cloud, IT and Enterprise, Equinix Asia-Pacific:
"We are delighted that Elastichosts has chosen Equinix's Hong KongIBXdata center as its starting point to offer its cloud hosting services in Asia-Pacific. Hong Kong is a key cloud hub in Asia-Pacific and the city is experiencing some of the biggest growth and demand in the region. With our high performance, secure and network-dense data center in Hong Kong Elastichosts can take full advantage of the business opportunities in this market. We look forward to further supporting Elastichosts in its expansions in Asia-Pacific in the near future."
Elastichosts is a global Cloud Server provider that offers easy-to-use Cloud Servers with instant, flexible computing capacity. As well as Cloud Servers, Elastichosts also offers Managed Cloud Servers, Cloud Websites and Reseller Programs. The company has hundreds of customers in over 60 countries worldwide, and has data centres located in UK, Europe, US, Canada, Asia and Australia. Its headquarters are in London, UK. Elastichosts is committed to developing simple, flexible and cost-effective cloud services for businesses worldwide.
Equinix, Inc. (NAS: EQIX) , connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Equinix, data center, IBX, Hong Kong, Elastichosts, cloud, interconnection, ecosystem, marketplace
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
1 Gartner: 'Forecast Overview: Public Cloud Services, Worldwide, 2011-2016, 2Q12 Update'.
Melissa Neumann, +1 650-598-6098
GolinHarris for Equinix, Inc.
Liam Rose, +1 415-318-4380
Lorraine Little-Bigelow / Kendrick Leung
+ (852) 2970 7742 / + (852) 2970 7711
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Annie Ho / Hai Anh Vu
+ (852) 3944 5000
KEYWORDS: United Kingdom United States Europe Asia Pacific North America California Hong Kong
The article Elastichosts Enters Asia-Pacific with Platform Equinix originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.