By Catherine Sherman
Billy Bob Thornton made headlines earlier this year when he finally sold the Beverly Hills home he and Angelina Jolie shared before their divorce in 2003. Only now -- 10 years after their split -- is Thornton moving on. The "Sling Blade" star, writer and director recently purchased a house in Brentwood for $2.7 million.
Measuring 3,604 square feet, the home is a significant downsize from Thornton's old 11,012-square-footer. But his new Cape Cod-inspired retreat is nothing to complain about -- with French doors leading to a professionally designed great room with a stacked-stone fireplace. The home also comes with a fully-updated kitchen and walk-in pantry, as well as a master suite with an adjacent room -- perfect for a home office or nursery.
Outside, Thornton will enjoy a private salt-water pool and outdoor entertaining space surrounded by sycamore trees in Los Angeles' Mandeville Canyon. This seems particularly fitting, considering that the star has a track record for secluding himself. Thornton reportedly sought to limit public access to his and Jolie's former abode. Even when it hit the market, interested buyers were only allowed to view the home through private appointments.
The former couple purchased their Beverly Hills mansion for $3.7 million from Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash in 2000. Although Thornton's new home doesn't have any apparent celebrity roots, the neighborhood is a Hollywood launchpad. From Julie Andrews to Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger, several A-listers' former Brentwood homes have recently hit the market. While Thornton is known for playing shady tatooed characters in movies, being divorced five times and revealing bizarre information about his personal life, his new home is a sight for sore eyes. He will likely share the home with longtime girlfriend Connie Angland.
See more on Zillow:
Billy Bob Thornton's Home Sells on New Year's Eve
Billy Bob Thornton Lists Home He Shared With Angelina Jolie
Dennis Quaid Buys Home for Soon-to-Be Ex-Wife and Kids
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find homes for rentin your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap