Some people like to play it safe, but not us. We think outside the box, and so do our friends at @MalibuPatch. With this modern Malibu marvel, they fought their way to the top of our #housepornthurs contest on Facebook this week. It was a tight race, though. Runner-up @FHAllenRealtors trailed by just a few votes with their respectable historic bungalow in Sausalito, Calif. Good game, guys!
On a pristine 17-acre lot, the modern Malibu home is breathtaking -- particularly because of those glimpses of the Pacific Ocean. Go inside, though, and it's like you're living in a modern art museum. Vaulted steel-framed ceilings line the home, with walls of windows going for what seems like miles. Two "cylinders" house twin bedrooms on one end of the house, and the master suite sits at the other end. There's a study, kitchen and living room in the central part of the house, all with the finest modern touches you can find. The living room will lead you to a large deck overlooking the pool outside.
Here's the best feature of the house, though: There's a private helipad for your jet-setting convenience. This property is "not for the faint of heart," the listing says. Try us, we'll take this gem any day. Read more about this amazing home at Malibu Patch.
See the listing for more details.
Find more homes for sale in Malibu, Calif., or search listings in your area.
See more Houses of the Day on AOL Real Estate.
Got a tip for House of the Day? Know of an exceptional or unusual property currently listed for sale? Please email email@example.com with your suggestions and be sure to include links to listing details and photos. (Due to the volume of response, we unfortunately are unable to reply to each submission.)
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap