Dell SecureWorks Expands Incident Response Services
Dell SecureWorks Expands Incident Response Services
- Severity and frequency of security breaches underscore need for proactive plan
ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Dell SecureWorks, an industry leader in information security services, is expanding its incident response (IR) services to counter the growing severity and frequency of breaches. Many organizations aren't equipped internally to plan for and respond to today's increasingly sophisticated, targeted threats from cybercriminals, hackers and nation states. Dell SecureWorks' highly skilled responders and digital forensic experts can be rapidly activated to contain, eradicate and remediate security breaches.
Retired Col. Jeffery R. Schilling, Director, Incident Response, Dell SecureWorks (Photo: Business Wire)
Led by Col. (Retired) Jeff Schilling, former director of the Army's Global Network Operations and Security Center (AGNOSC) under the U.S. Army Cyber Command, Dell SecureWorks' IR team leverages global intelligence from the company's Counter Threat Unit™ (CTU) and Security Operations Centers (SOCs) to resolve complex, large-scale and highly sophisticated threats.
Dell SecureWorks' security solutions help organizations stay abreast of emerging threats, proactively fortify defenses, continuously detect and stop cyber-attacks, and recover quickly from security breaches. The expanded IR service portfolio includes:
- Advanced Threat Preparedness Assessment service assesses organizations' capabilities to resist, detect and respond to an attack by an Advanced Threat actor. The detailed review evaluates Organizational Intelligence Capabilities, Policy and Documentation, Technical Capabilities, and Personnel Management.
- Denial of Service (DoS) Preparedness Assessment services will help organizations understand their abilities to withstand Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and are designed to ensure they have a tested response methodology in place. The services include capabilities reviews, tabletop exercises and DoS/DDoS stress testing under real-world conditions.
- Advanced Threat Tabletop Exercises evaluate an organization's ability to respond to a targeted attack. Tabletop exercises incorporate intelligence on the Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) of targeted actors such as cybercriminals, "hacktivists" and nation-states to heighten operational learning. These exercises ensure IT incident response teams practice documented response procedures, and highlight gaps or issues with their Computer Security Incident Response Plan (CSIRP).
Threat Intelligence is an Integral Part of Incident Response
The CTU comprises some of the most highly regarded security researchers in the world with diverse experience and backgrounds in the private security, military and intelligence communities. With a global view of the threat environment of thousands of customers, the CTU actively monitors the cyber threat landscape and performs in-depth analysis of emerging threats and zero-day vulnerabilities.
The CTU is currently tracking the following threat indicators:
- 2,200-plus Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) domains
- 23,800-plus APT Command and Control (C2) sub-domains
- 1,300-plus hardcoded APT C2 IPs
- More than 300 APT malware families
Dell SecureWorks' IR team leverages the CTU's broad and deep global view of threat indicators during on-site engagements. Armed with the latest intelligence, responders can eradicate threats with surgical precision.
"It's nearly impossible for most organizations to completely resolve a security breach on their own. It requires expertly trained and experienced personnel with deep insight into threat actors and their tradecraft. Using insights gained from the Dell SecureWorks CTU, SOC and IR teams, our responders can quickly and fully eradicate threats."
--Jeff Schilling, Director of the Incident Response Practice at Dell SecureWorks
"Companies have been increasingly seeking our Incident Response expertise because of our unified security capabilities, said Kevin Hanes, executive director of Security and Risk Consulting at Dell SecureWorks. "Our responders have access to intelligence before their boots even hit the ground so they can help organizations recover quickly from security breaches."
--Kevin Hanes, Executive Director of Security and Risk Consulting at Dell SecureWorks
About Dell SecureWorks:
Dell Inc. (NAS: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. Recognized as an industry leader by top analysts, Dell SecureWorks provides world-class information security services to help organizations of all sizes protect their IT assets, comply with regulations and reduce security costs. For more information, visit www.dell.com/secureworks.
Dell and SecureWorks are trademarks of Dell Inc.
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
Elizabeth Clarke, 404-486-4492
KEYWORDS: United States North America Texas
The article Dell SecureWorks Expands Incident Response Services originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.