Grupo Compartamos Reports 4Q12 Results
Grupo Compartamos Reports 4Q12 Results
MEXICO CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Compartamos, S.A.B. de C.V. ("Grupo Compartamos" or "the Company") (BMV: COMPARC*) announced its audited consolidated financial results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012. All figures were prepared in accordance with the requirements of the National Banking and Securities Commission (CNBV) and are expressed in nominal Mexican Pesos (Ps.).
- Total Loan Portfolio reached Ps. 18,161 million, a 25.4% increase compared to 4Q11, broken down as follows:
- Banco Compartamos S.A. I.B.M. in Mexico (Banco Compartamos) with Ps. 14,887 million, a 25.3% increase versus 4Q11;
- Financiera CREAR in Peru (CREAR) reached Ps. 3,147 million, a 23.8% increase versus 4Q11;
- Compartamos S.A. (Guatemala) with Ps. 114 million, 144.9% higher compared to 4Q11.
- Active clients reached 2,675,758, a 9.0% increase compared with 4Q11.
- Net Income for the fourth quarter was Ps. 573 million, 22.2% higher than 4Q11. Full year 2012 reached Ps. 2,021 million, 1.2% higher than Ps. 1,997 million reported in full year 2011.
- Non-performing loans during 4Q12 stood at 2.88%, from 2.80% in 3Q12.
- ROAE for 4Q12 was 27.5%, higher when compared with 26.3% during 4Q11. ROAE stood at 25.1% for the full year 2012.
- ROAA in 4Q12 was 10.5% compared to 10.8% in 4Q11. ROAA for full year 2012 was 10.0%.
- Efficiency ratio for the quarter was 62.5%, an improvement versus the 63.2% figure for 3Q12. For full year 2012, the efficiency ratio was 63.6%.
- Grupo Compartamos' correspondent network manager, YASTAS, which is part of the Company's strategic investments, affiliated over 1,600 small businesses at December 31, 2012, offering convenient payment alternatives to the low-income sectors.
- YASTAS is present in 4 Mexican states: Veracruz, Chiapas, Puebla and Estado de Mexico.
- ATERNA, Grupo Compartamos' micro-insurance broker currently serves 3.2 million customers with life insurance products. ATERNA's goal is to provide a diversified range of insurance products portfolio to the low-income sector.
- As of December 31, 2012, the Company repurchased a total of 14,171,198 shares through the stock buyback program at an average price of Ps. 14.05 per share.
- Grupo Compartamos was affirmed as member of the Sustainability IPC Index in the Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV). This index includes companies with best practices in Environmental, Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance practices.
- More than 9,700 employees of Grupo Compartamos actively participated during 2012 in volunteer activities, programs in various communities and the support of various foundations.
- Financial literacy programs were offered during 2012 by the Company to approximately 307,000 people throughout Mexico.
For a full version of this release, please visitwww.compartamos.com.
Compartamos is a holding company whose primary objective is to promote, organize and manage companies, domestic and international, that are subject to its investment policies. Compartamos began in Mexico in 2010 and its shares began trading on the Mexican Stock Exchange on December 24, 2010, under the ticker symbol "COMPARC*".
Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements. These statements are statements that are not historical facts, and are based on management's current view and estimates of future economic circumstances, industry conditions, Bank performance and financial results. The words "anticipates", "believes", "estimates", "expects", "plans" and similar expressions, as they relate to the Bank, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Statements regarding the declaration or payment of dividends, the implementation of principal operating and financing strategies and capital expenditure plans, the direction of future operations and the factors or trends affecting financial condition, liquidity or results of operations are examples of forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect the current views of management and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. There is no guarantee that the expected events, trends or results will actually occur. The statements are based on many assumptions and factors, including general economic and market conditions, industry conditions, and operating factors. Any changes in such assumptions or factors could cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
For additional information visit: www.compartamos.com.
Compartamos, S.A.B. de C.V.
Enrique Barrera Flores, +52 (55) 5276-7250
Investor Relations Officer
Beatriz Sánchez Covarrubias, +52 (55) 5276-7250
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article Grupo Compartamos Reports 4Q12 Results originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.