By Cristin Zweig
The Beverly House, the iconic estate that was the former residence of William Randolph Hearst, Marion Davies, and the honeymoon hideaway of Jacqueline and John F. Kennedy, is back on the market, this time as a $600,000-a-month rental. Formerly listed for sale for $95 million and then for rent at $500,000 a month, the home is now demanding more for anyone who wants to call this iconic and storied residence home. Worth the price? You can't put a price tag on history and infamy, so let's look at the numbers.
The estate has 29 bedrooms, 40 bathrooms and sits on 3.7 acres, just three blocks away from Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles. The mansion also has a nightclub, a cinema, a living room with 22-foot ceilings, two tennis courts, a 75-foot-long pool and an outdoor seating terrace that can host 400 sit-down guests. The property also has two separate guesthouses and a two-bedroom apartment.
Beverly House may be notorious in the high-priced real estate world, but it's also famous after appearing in the movies "The Godfather" and "The Bodyguard." In 2012, the property was listed at $95 million. A massive sum, but much less than the $165 million it was listed for in 2007. According to the Los Angeles Times, the Beverly House's current owner, Leonard M. Ross, purchased the mansion in the 1970s and refurbished and expanded the estate, including buying back the adjacent property which was sold off after Hearst's passing in 1951. Recently, Mr. Ross ran into financial difficulty and filed for bankruptcy protection, thus prompting his desire to sell or lease out this prized property. Hilton & Hyland has the listing.
Find homes for rent in Los Angeles, or search rentals in your area.
See more on Trulia's Luxe Living blog.
See more Houses of the Day on AOL Real Estate.
Got a tip for House of the Day? Know of an exceptional or unusual property currently listed for sale? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions and be sure to include links to listing details and photos. (Due to the volume of response, we unfortunately are unable to reply to each submission.)
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.0% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program