By Cristin Zweig
The Beverly House, the iconic estate that was the former residence of William Randolph Hearst, Marion Davies, and the honeymoon hideaway of Jacqueline and John F. Kennedy, is back on the market, this time as a $600,000-a-month rental. Formerly listed for sale for $95 million and then for rent at $500,000 a month, the home is now demanding more for anyone who wants to call this iconic and storied residence home. Worth the price? You can't put a price tag on history and infamy, so let's look at the numbers.
The estate has 29 bedrooms, 40 bathrooms and sits on 3.7 acres, just three blocks away from Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles. The mansion also has a nightclub, a cinema, a living room with 22-foot ceilings, two tennis courts, a 75-foot-long pool and an outdoor seating terrace that can host 400 sit-down guests. The property also has two separate guesthouses and a two-bedroom apartment.
Beverly House may be notorious in the high-priced real estate world, but it's also famous after appearing in the movies "The Godfather" and "The Bodyguard." In 2012, the property was listed at $95 million. A massive sum, but much less than the $165 million it was listed for in 2007. According to the Los Angeles Times, the Beverly House's current owner, Leonard M. Ross, purchased the mansion in the 1970s and refurbished and expanded the estate, including buying back the adjacent property which was sold off after Hearst's passing in 1951. Recently, Mr. Ross ran into financial difficulty and filed for bankruptcy protection, thus prompting his desire to sell or lease out this prized property. Hilton & Hyland has the listing.
Find homes for rent in Los Angeles, or search rentals in your area.
See more on Trulia's Luxe Living blog.
See more Houses of the Day on AOL Real Estate.
Got a tip for House of the Day? Know of an exceptional or unusual property currently listed for sale? Please email email@example.com with your suggestions and be sure to include links to listing details and photos. (Due to the volume of response, we unfortunately are unable to reply to each submission.)
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold