By Erika Riggs
Oscar-winning actor Tommy Lee Jones may not have picked up another Best Supporting Actor award, but he's hoping for a win in real estate. The veteran actor recently listed his Wellington, Fla., polo farm for $26.75 million, according to South Florida blog Gossip Extra. This doesn't mean Jones is giving up the sport. He's selling his property because he spends more time playing polo on an estate in San Saba, Texas, and another property in California.
Jones built the Wellington estate with the purchase of two separate parcels in 2002 for $4.62 million. He named the 50-acre ranch San Saba Polo Ranch. According to Gossip Extra, Jones was a big part of the Florida polo scene for quite some time and was a member of the International Polo Club Palm Beach in the mid-2000s.
The 50-acre ranch includes a four-bedroom, two-bath, 11,000-square-foot home. But the main draw of the property is its grounds, encompassing a regulation-size polo field, miles of horse trails, and two barns that add up to 48 stalls in total. Jones starred as Sen. Thaddeus Stevens in the 2012 film "Lincoln." He also played major roles in "The Fugitive" (for which he won his Academy Award) and "No Country for Old Men."
See the listing for more details.
Find more homes for sale in Wellington, Fla., or search listings in your area.
See more on Zillow:
'Kardashians Take Miami' Home for Sale
Ricky Watters Relists Florida Home
Singer Gavin DeGraw Sells Florida Residence
More on AOL Real Estate:
See celebrity real estate.
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program