The Hamptons have always been a hot summer rental market. But this year, the biggest checks are being written earlier than ever, New York's Daily News reports. One developer, who rented a home to Jay-Z and Beyonce (pictured above) last August for $400,000, has already turned down a $400,000 offer for a similar home this year. And homes that regularly lease for $85,000 a month or more are moving quickly.
It's not just the lure of the beaches, A-Listers and parties that are driving the mad dash, according to Sheftell. One reason for the rush of early offers is that there are fewer homes for sale out east. This means that people who want to summer in the Hamptons have to rent, which pushes rental prices sky-high.
Wealthy renters also want to minimize the hassle and stress of finding the perfect summer home, and the earlier they start their search, the more options that are available to them. The bottom line: if you want to rent a house in the Hamptons this summer, start looking now and expect to shell out. And just so you know what the Hamptons has to offer, check out the $400,000 rental Beyonce and Jay-Z scooped up last August in the gallery below.
Find homes for rent in The Hamptons, or search rentals in your area.
See more on Business Insider:
19 Chateau-Style Mansions That Will Make You Feel Like You Live in France
Take a Look Inside the Cavernous Construction Zone Below Grand Central Terminal
Buying Necker Island for $180,000 Was the Best Deal Richard Branson Ever Made
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program