The Hamptons have always been a hot summer rental market. But this year, the biggest checks are being written earlier than ever, New York's Daily News reports. One developer, who rented a home to Jay-Z and Beyonce (pictured above) last August for $400,000, has already turned down a $400,000 offer for a similar home this year. And homes that regularly lease for $85,000 a month or more are moving quickly.
It's not just the lure of the beaches, A-Listers and parties that are driving the mad dash, according to Sheftell. One reason for the rush of early offers is that there are fewer homes for sale out east. This means that people who want to summer in the Hamptons have to rent, which pushes rental prices sky-high.
Wealthy renters also want to minimize the hassle and stress of finding the perfect summer home, and the earlier they start their search, the more options that are available to them. The bottom line: if you want to rent a house in the Hamptons this summer, start looking now and expect to shell out. And just so you know what the Hamptons has to offer, check out the $400,000 rental Beyonce and Jay-Z scooped up last August in the gallery below.
Find homes for rent in The Hamptons, or search rentals in your area.
See more on Business Insider:
19 Chateau-Style Mansions That Will Make You Feel Like You Live in France
Take a Look Inside the Cavernous Construction Zone Below Grand Central Terminal
Buying Necker Island for $180,000 Was the Best Deal Richard Branson Ever Made
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Home Equity Surges: Compare Home Equity Loans
- Age 62+? Take this Quiz to Qualify for a Home Equity Conversion
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps New Home Buyers Qualify to Buy
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards For 2022
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- 3 Cards That Can Help You Take Your Dream Vacation
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold