OK, so Presidents Day is over, but that doesn't mean that we can't still take this opportunity to get a good look at the luxurious places that presidents rest their heads at night. One of those places is the famous Waldorf-Astoria hotel's presidential suite, where most presidents have stayed on any trip to New York City. Of course, it's not just for the commander in chief. Anyone with $10,000 (a night!) burning a hole in their pocket is welcome to the stately digs.
Sure, the suite is a pretty nice place to put your feet up after a long day of leading the Free World. But it's also jam-packed with presidential history. "No sitting president since 1931 has stayed in any other hotel in New York but the Waldorf," Matt Zolbe, the Waldorf's sales director, told the New York Daily News last year. "We're legendary."
You'll also find throughout the suite tokens of history left behind by previous presidents. There's a gold mirror from Ronald Reagan, a wicker-backed chair that John F. Kennedy used for his bad back, and a wooden desk with carved eagle-claw feet that was given by Dwight Eisenhower. There are also bookshelves surrounding the flat-screen TV in the spacious living room that are filled with biographies of former presidents. And the suite is meant to make the president feel right at home -- as if he were in the White House. The phones and keypads in the suite, for example, are exact replicas of the ones in the White House. Get a better look inside via the video above.
See also: The Grand Homes of Former Presidents
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- The Painless Way To Earn Cash Back Every Day
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Summer 2022
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold