Here's your chance to own a piece of architectural history: Iconic architect Frank Lloyd Wright's famed Gerald B. Tonkens House in Cincinnati has just hit the market -- for the very first time ever, Zillow reported. Built in 1955, the home is a rare Wright masterpiece, and it's asking $1.788 million. Other Wright homes have been at risk of demolition, such as the David and Gladys Wright House in Phoenix, which a developer planned to tear down to make way for a couple of McMansions. (Luckily, the home was saved -- at least temporarily.)
The Tonkens House has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places, according to Curbed. The home, though designed by Wright, was built by his grandson, Eric Lloyd Wright. The three-bedroom, two-bathroom home sprawls across 3,100 square feet and "fits seamlessly onto the parcel, giving the home tremendous privacy," Zillow said. It has custom-made Philippine mahogany cabinetry, gilded ceilings and a large hearth. There's a separate cottage on the property, and, as Curbed points out, the home is being sold with much of the original furniture in place.
See the listing for more details.
Find homes for sale in Cincinnati, or search listings in your area.
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program