At a time when most people are clinging to their jobs, there are still a few things that a worker won't stand. Like Satan. Ever since he started his job as a maintenance worker, the "mark of the beast" has been following Walter Slonopas. And when he saw the number "666" printed on his W-2 tax form, reports The Tennessean newspaper, he decided to quit for good.
Slonopas, 52, started working for Contech Casting LLC in Clarksville, Tenn., in April 2011. On his first day, he was supposed to get 668 as his clock-in number, but was given 666 by mistake. As a born-again Christian who believes strongly that triple sixes are Lucifer's mark, Slonopas complained, and its human resources department fixed the error.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 1.99% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program