At a time when most people are clinging to their jobs, there are still a few things that a worker won't stand. Like Satan. Ever since he started his job as a maintenance worker, the "mark of the beast" has been following Walter Slonopas. And when he saw the number "666" printed on his W-2 tax form, reports The Tennessean newspaper, he decided to quit for good.
Slonopas, 52, started working for Contech Casting LLC in Clarksville, Tenn., in April 2011. On his first day, he was supposed to get 668 as his clock-in number, but was given 666 by mistake. As a born-again Christian who believes strongly that triple sixes are Lucifer's mark, Slonopas complained, and its human resources department fixed the error.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold