We admit it: We like to poke fun at deceptive listings. Though a little exaggeration doesn't hurt, our general rule of thumb is that honesty and transparency in listings is the best policy. But there are exceptions. Case in point: this house.
Now, the owners of this house in the Allston neighborhood of Boston, Mass., may keep it messy. And cluttered. And borderline filthy. But there's no need to reveal that to the home's potential buyers! Granted, the listing boasts of the home's "high ceilings" and hardwood floors and huge bay windows. ... But how can we admire these features with that kind of mess?!
And here's the icing on the cake: It's asking a steep $5,200 a month. For this price, we'd expect -- no, demand! -- a little staging magic.
Thanks to our pals at Curbed for this Listing Fail.
Enjoy this post? Check out all our listing fail articles.
Models in Real Estate Listings Turn Up The Heat (NSFW)
Williston, N.D., Oil Boom Means Rents as High as New York City's
Renters Dodged the Housing Bust But Not Buying Now Could Cost Them
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find homes for rent in your area.
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program