You already own Kate Spade's signature clutch, why not take it a step further and own, you know, her house?! The designer is putting her gorgeous 6,700-square-foot Southampton mansion up for sale, and it's every bit as understatedly stylish as her ready-to-wear creations.
The home, which once served as the boardinghouse for William Merrit Chase's Shinnecock Hills Summer School of Art, boasts wood-paneled floors and ceilings, leaded glass windows, cedar roofs, grand brick terraces and stunning views over Art Village. (Shingle-style cottages, charming lanes and towering trees still remain after 120 years.) It was previously listed for $5.4 million and is now going for only $4.75 million! If you're already sitting on that kind of bankroll, it's worth every penny, we think. (It even comes with a freestanding 1920s ballroom!)
Lylla Carter and Krae Van Sickle of Saunders Realty have the listing.
Find more homes for sale in the Hamptons, or search listings in your area.
See more Houses of the Day on AOL Real Estate.
Got a tip for House of the Day? Know of an exceptional or unusual property currently listed for sale? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions and be sure to include links to listing details and photos. (Due to the volume of response, we unfortunately are unable to reply to each submission.)
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out Of Pocket?
- Recalculate Your House Payment in Minutes
- Can You Save $23,000 By Refinancing Your Home?
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- 6 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards Of 2022
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap