Dell Enables Customers to Deploy Workloads with Confidence
Dell Enables Customers to Deploy Workloads with Confidence
- Dell announces new and enhanced workload-optimized solutions
- First-time Dell's full suite of data center products is certified by SAP for running SAP HANA®
- Enhancement to Dell's Active System with the new Active System Manager 7.0, built on Gale Technologies IP, helps customers easily and quickly deploy virtualized infrastructure and applications
AMSTERDAM--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- To help customers run and deploy business-critical applications and workloads they depend on, Dell today announced new workload-optimized solutions for the SAP HANA® platform that enable customers to confidently deploy Dell server, storage and networking systems running SAP HANA. Dell also announced Active System Manager 7.0, the management layer for Active System, Dell's converged infrastructure offering, that integrates IP from recently acquired Gale Technologies to help customers rapidly deploy business applications and IT services. These new products and certifications advance Dell's Enterprise strategy of creating scalable, flexible data center solutions bringing together hardware, software and services.
Workload-Centric IT Infrastructure is the Future
Forrester Research recently concluded that a workload-centric IT infrastructure is the future for technology deployment models1. According to its research, "the inside-out, technology siloed approach to IT infrastructure needs to stop. Instead, IT infrastructure needs to become workload-centric. In other words, design the server, storage, and networks in your data center on what matters most (your workloads), and not the other way around."
"Customers should focus on their business and the applications and workloads that will help them compete in today's dynamic marketplace. This means using integrated infrastructure and solutions that are optimized for applications," said Dario Zamarian, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Systems and Solutions, Dell. "Today, Dell is giving customers the confidence and agility they need to implement the workloads that matter most to their business, not to mention lifting the financial burden with better Total Cost of Ownership and lower Operating Expenses."
Dell Solutions for SAP HANA Turn Data Into Insights
Designed for SAP solution-based workloads, Dell's scale out solutions represent the first time Dell servers, Dell storage and Dell networking technologies achieved SAP certification for running SAP HANA as a pre-integrated system. With highly-available configurations that scale from 1 terabyte to more than 4 terabytes, these pre-integrated systems are based on the same architecture employed in Dell's single-server appliances. By leveraging these enterprise-class solutions, customers can:
- Further optimize SAP solution workloads and instantly explore and analyze operational information from virtually any data source with pre-integrated systems and services certified by SAP for running SAP HANA.
- Simplify ordering and speed deployment with pre-integrated systems that are preconfigured, pre-built, and pretested.
- Provide enterprise-class operation and performance by leveraging the systems management, automated tiering, energy efficiency and scalability capabilities built into Dell Servers and Dell Storage technologies.
- Reduce time to value with a comprehensive suite of Dell Services including assessment, installation, training, analytic solution design and development.
- Further ensure a simplified, cost-effective upgrade path without being subjected to a "rip and replace" scenario required by a multiple platform design strategy.
In addition, SAP chose Dell Services as one of its technology partners for Dell's ability to deliver solutions on a global scale. For customers adopting SAP HANA, Dell Services provides support in the form of assessment, analytic solution design and development, deployment, training, support and managed services.
SAP HANA is a completely re-imagined, real-time database platform. It streamlines analytics, planning, predictive and sentiment analysis to allow business to operate in real time.
Dell Active System Manager 7.0 Takes the Worry Out of Workloads
With organic innovation and expertise gained through Dell's recent acquisition of Gale Technologies, Active System Manager 7.0 extends the management capabilities of Active System beyond the physical infrastructure to the virtualized infrastructure and workloads. Active System Manager 7.0 will be embedded into an Active System 800 and its associated reference architecture. Some of the new solution's features that will help customers accelerate time-to-market for applications include:
- Quickly provisioning and de-provisioning mixed physical and virtual infrastructure and workloads.
- Dramatically reducing time and steps to provision new workloads with a simple set-up.
- Efficiently allocating and managing physical and virtual network, server and storage resources by creating resource pools across multiple systems with extensible ability to add new resources.
- Scheduling, allocating and ensuring virtual and physical resource capacity for complex workloads at current or future times.
- Eliminating concern as new workloads are added by enabling continued high extensibility, quality IT service delivery and management flexibility.
"We chose Dell's appliance for SAP HANA because our customers wanted faster access to supply chain data to help them increase efficiency and make better decisions," said Nikolaj Schmitz, IT Manager, Gesellschaft für Information und Bildung (G.I.B). "We now get access to data in seconds and, like Dell's new scale-out solutions, it delivers the power and stability to maximize the performance of business-critical SAP software environments."
- Dell's scale-out solutions configured for SAP HANA are currently available in EMEA and the United States. More information can be found at www.dell.com/hana.
- Active System Manager 7.0 will be available with Active System 800 and its associated reference architecture in the United States in February and in Europe by late-Spring.
(1) "Optimize IT Infrastructure Around Key Workloads," Forrester Research, Inc., September 2012.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
SAP, SAP HANA, and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Texas
The article Dell Enables Customers to Deploy Workloads with Confidence originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.