Isabel Perez had been working in human resources for 15 years, when she took the job as HR director at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. She says executives would tell her to hire only women or white people for certain jobs, and no "gays, lesbos" at all. After just two weeks on the job, Perez, who is married to a woman, says that her manager fired her after spotting a sticker on her car in support of gay rights. The manager allegedly said that God had told her to do it.
In most states, it isn't illegal to fire someone for being gay -- although gay rights groups have been pushing the White House to change that. New Jersey, however, is not one of those states, and Perez decided to file suit.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap