We know you cat lovers adore your feline friends like they're your own children, but this might be taking it too far. (That's just us; we know many of you will not agree.) A Japanese home construction company has designed an entire home that's built especially to cater to your furry friend.
This cat lover's apartment, by Fauna+DESIGN, features tunnels, cat flaps in every door, steps leading up to wooden "cat walks" snaking across the walls, elevated platforms and even cat "viewing areas"! The home was built using information gleaned by Fauna+DESIGN about the interactions between humans and cats, as well as cats' movements and activities.
Think it's ridiculous? Well, if you own a cat (and reports show that a third of Americans do), some of these features actually make a lot of sense. The home's bathroom has an extra space specifically designed for the litter box (with its own wall partition, so your feline can enjoy his or her privacy), and all the materials used in the home are scratch-resistant and easy to clean.
But building an entire home around your cat? Really? Not so weird, any cat lover would tell you -- because the feline is top dog in their houses anyway.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap