Our eyes nearly popped out of our heads when we saw the reported sale price of this Woodside, Calif., mega-mansion: $117.5 million! If it's true, it would be the second most expensive home sale ever in the United States. (Billionaire Stanley Kroenke holds the No. 1 spot for his $132.5 million purchase of a Montana ranch last November.)
Bay Area blog SF Luxe came across the shocking discovery, pointing to public records on listings site Redfin showing the astronomical sale price of the 8,930-square-foot home in the middle of Silicon Valley. Our buddies at Curbed, though, expressed a bit of skepticism, saying: "It could also be a fat finger error at the property records office." We can't be totally certain, but there is some evidence that the sale price may be the real deal. A historic Colonial in Woodside went on the market for $85 million last September, and Russian billionaire Yuri Milner coughed up $100 million for a home in nearby Los Altos Hills, Calif.
The mega-mansion, previously owned by private equity bigwig Tully Friedman and designed by starchitect Allan Greenberg, was not publicly listed for sale, according to SF Luxe. The blog did not reveal the buyer, but said that "it's a name with which you are undoubtedly familiar." (Mark Zuckerberg?) The stunning neoclassical home, which sits on nine acres, has 360-degree mountain views.
Check out other massive homes for sale in Woodside, Calif., or search listings in your area.
Highest Priced Home Listing in U.S. -- $190 Million in Greenwich, Conn.
Candy Spelling's Closing Price: $85 Million
Most Expensive NYC Apartment Sale Closes at $88 Million
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap