Franklin Covey Co. Hosts The Leader in Me Symposium Series in 15 Cities in North America: Keynote Sp
Franklin Covey Co. Hosts The Leader in Me Symposium Series in 15 Cities in North America: Keynote Speakers Are Educational Leadership and School Experts
Franklin Covey's The Leader in Me Symposium Series to Drive Transformational Change in Education by Developing Leaders in K-12 Schools
SALT LAKE CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Franklin Covey Co. (NYS: FC) today announced Franklin Coveyis hostingThe Leader in Me Symposium Seriesin 15 cities across North America. The two-day educational leadership symposium series, that begins January 24, 2013 and continues through May 23, 2013, will attract educators, government and business leaders and community stakeholders who are looking to support schools in developing 21st-century leaders. (www.theleaderinme.org/events/symposiums)
Franklin Covey welcomes attendees who have a passion for leadership in education and its impact on communities. Participants in the past have included school administrators, school superintendents, principals, teachers and district-level teams, local businesses, chamber executives and other government and community leaders.
Attendees of Franklin Covey's The Leader in Me Symposium Series will participate in an inspiring experience of accelerated growth and development through world-class keynotes, student leader presentations, best-in-class breakout sessions, on-site school visits and relationship and networking opportunities.
Tuition for attendees is $275 and an additional $150 for the pre-conference, which includes a preview of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Signature Program. Registration is required and seating is limited. For more information, such as the full symposium series schedule, or to register to attend, visitwww.theleaderinme.org/events/symposiums. The schedule for the symposium series follows:
|January 24, 2013||Norris Conference Center||San Antonio, TX|
|January 29, 2013||Arapahoe Community College||Littleton, CO|
|January 30, 2013||Charlotte Harbor Event and Conference Center||Punta Gorda, FL|
|February 7, 2013||Athens State University||Athens, AL|
|February 12, 2013|
Tulsa Tech - Broken Arrow Conference
|February 21, 2013|
Cajundome Convention Center
|February 27, 2013|
Suburban Collection Showplace
|February 28, 2013|
Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
Myrtle Beach, SC
|March 1, 2013|
New York Marriott at The Brooklyn Bridge
|March 5, 2013||Hyatt Regency Columbus||Columbus, OH|
|March 12, 2013||Panda Restaurant Group||Rosemead, CA|
|March 19, 2013||Knicely Conference Center||Bowling Green, KY|
March 20, 2013
|Noah's||South Jordan, UT|
|April 30, 2013||University of Alberta Campus||Edmonton, AB, Canada|
|May 23, 2013||D'Youville College||Buffalo, NY|
Attendees of The Leader in Me Symposium Series will hear from an impressive lineup of experts and speakers on various educational and inspirational topics, including:
- Ron Clark- "America'sEducator," New York Times bestselling author, The Essential 55, selling over one million copies in 25 different countries, named Disney's American Teacher of the Year, whose teaching experiences in New York City inspired the uplifting film, The Ron Clark Story, starring Matthew Perry
- Erin Gruwell- Educator, change agent, catalyst for education and social change, featured in the film Freedom Writers starring Oscar winner Hilary Swank as Gruwell, chronicled her extraordinary journey with 150 high school students who had been written off by the education system, andis the New York Times bestselling author of The Freedom Writers Diary
- Muriel Summers- Principal ofA.B. Combs Elementaryin Raleigh, North Carolina, original practitioner with the vision to create the leadership model now known as Franklin Covey's The Leader in Me process where Summers, the teachers, staff and students at A.B. Combs Elementary first incorporatedThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective Peopleand other leadership skills into their core curriculum in unique and creative ways and experienced remarkable, sustainable results and inspired other schools and parents worldwide to adopt the same approach, being used by nearly 1,100 schools worldwide
- Salome Thomas-El- Nationally recognized educator, has transformed the attitudes and strategies of school staff, parents, and community to help troubled children graduate from high school and earn college degrees, is a teacher, principal and chess coach in the Philadelphia School District, whose students were eight-time national chess champions, is a regular contributor on "The Dr. Oz Show," and author of the bestselling books The Immortality of Influence and I Choose to Stay
- Sean Covey- Author of the New York Times bestsellingThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, which has sold three million copies in 16 languages andThe 7 Habits of Happy Kids, which has sold more than one million copies and is in 24 languages, authoredThe 6 Most Important Decisions You'll Ever Make, and is Franklin Covey's Executive Vice President of Global Solutions and Product Architect, as well as the Education Practice Leader at Franklin Covey Co.
Last year, more than 2,000 educators and community stakeholders from 30 different states and 15 countries came together to forward this transformational work and connect with other innovative leaders in the field. This year, The Leader in Me Symposium Series will also introduce thousands of educators in K-12 schools to a new paradigm of 21st-century leadership where every student is a leader and educators are equipped with proven leadership methodologies and tools to instill a deep sense of responsibility and leadership accountability in their students.
Nearly 1,100 schools throughout the world have adopted this paradigm, which is the foundation of Franklin Covey'sThe Leader in Me education process, by integrating the principles of personal leadership and effectiveness in everyday, age-appropriate language into the core subjects and curriculum of an elementary school. The Leader in Me is a holistic, school-wide experience for teachers and students and creates a common language and culture within the school built on proven principle-based leadership skills found inThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
New offerings to attendees this year include:
- Targeted breakout sessions for schools that are part of The Leader in Me process and for those that are discovering the model
- Pre-conference sessions for participants to preview The 7 Habits and learn more about The Leader in Me process within a school
- The ability to connect with participants through social platforms before, during and after the symposium
- More opportunities to interact with student leaders
- Table topics to share specific information and to connect with education practitioners
- New thought leaders that will share inspiring stories and concepts during keynote sessions
For more information on Franklin Covey's The Leader in Me Symposium Series and to register, visitwww.theleaderinme.org/events/symposiums. For more information on Franklin Covey Education solutions, visitwww.theleaderinme.org.
About Franklin Covey
Franklin Covey Co. (NYS: FC) is a global company specializing in performance improvement.We help organizations achieve results that require a change in human behavior. Our expertise is in seven areas: leadership, execution, productivity, trust, sales performance, customer loyalty and education. Franklin Covey clients have included 90 percent of the Fortune 100, more than 75 percent of the Fortune 500, thousands of small- and mid-sized businesses, as well as numerous government entities and educational institutions. Franklin Covey has more than 40 direct and licensee offices providing professional services in over 140 countries. For more information, visitwww.franklincovey.com.
Franklin Covey Co.
Debra Lund, 801-244-4474
KEYWORDS: United States North America Canada California Colorado Florida Kentucky Louisiana Michigan New York Ohio Oklahoma South Carolina Texas Utah
The article Franklin Covey Co. Hosts The Leader in Me Symposium Series in 15 Cities in North America: Keynote Speakers Are Educational Leadership and School Experts originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.