Jay-Z once rapped lyrical about the perks of "all black everything" (from his clothes to his cars to his house), but we think this house got the wrong memo -- or color, rather. With its living room decked out from top to bottom in green (velvet, no less!), this $1.95 million Washington, D.C., home is like nothing we've ever seen.
Though the listing boasts that it's an "innovative design" that's "right out of a James Bond film" (really?), we think it's one of the craziest houses we've ever laid eyes on. Granted, it's spacious (8,500 square feet) and has an interior elevator and lovely 16-foot-high ceilings, but that green just won't do. Maybe red? Andrea Paro of Redfin has the listing. (And thanks to our friends at Curbed for tipping us off to this wacky home.)
Find more tasteful homes for sale in Washington, D.C., or search listings in your area.
See more Houses of the Day on AOL Real Estate.
Got a tip for House of the Day? Know of an exceptional or unusual property currently listed for sale? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions and be sure to include links to listing details and photos. (Due to the volume of response, we unfortunately are unable to reply to each submission.)
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Your Best Refinance Rates for December 2021
- Refi rates at 2.02% APR. Do you qualify?
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for December 2021
- Shop Now, Pay Interest Later With These Top Cards
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap