Dell's Quest Software Placed in a Challengers Position in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Identity Acce
Dell's Quest Software Placed in a Challengers Position in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Identity Access and Governance
ALISO VIEJO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Dell Softwaretoday announced thatQuest Software, now a part of Dell, is positioned in the Challengers quadrant of the 2012 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Identity and Access Governance (IAG). Dell Quest's position in the quadrant is based on its completeness of vision and ability to execute for Identity and Access Management and the current IAG functionality incorporated into Quest® One Identity Manager, part of Quest One Identity Solutions.
The report, issued on December 17, 2012, evaluates a vendor's ability to execute, including the ability to enable IT providers' and business users' performance to be competitive, efficient and effective, and to positively impact revenue, retention and reputation. Vendors also are judged on their ability and success in capitalizing on their vision. Quest One Identity Solutions enable access governance, privileged account management, identity administration, and user activity monitoring — today's most pressing identity and access challenges.
"We believe our position in the Challengers quadrant underscores our evolving mission to provide our customers with exceptional quality, user experience, and service levels, as well as low cost of ownership and business value," said John Milburn, vice president and general manager, Quest Identity and Access Management, Dell Software. "We will continue to innovate while we execute on our vision to deliver solutions that will change the face of the security industry."
The new IAG market reflects industry changes brought about by the nexus of forces — cloud, mobile, social and information. According to Gartner, IAG as a discipline within enterprises continues to evolve. The competitive differentiator for Quest One Identity Solutions is that it empowers the business owner (not IT) to govern employees' access to business-critical information by providing the right users with the right access for just the right amount of time, while ensuring the organization continues to operate in a secure and compliant manner.
- Quest Software continues to innovate in the creation of a compelling Identity and Access Management-related product set, and has capitalized on its vision with a significant number of customer wins.
- Quest One Identity Manager protects the organization by giving access control to the business owners who actually know who should have access to which sensitive data.
- In addition to helping data owners (not IT) determine who should have access, Quest One Identity Manager automates the request-and-approval workflow, keeping the sensitive data secure, while reducing the burden on IT.
- Quest One Identity Manager enables organizations to integrate with other Quest One solutions,including Quest ActiveRoles® Server, Quest Password Manager, Quest Webthority, Quest Defender® and Quest One Quick Connect, to add additional IAM functionality.
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
- Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
- Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
- Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
About the Magic Quadrant:
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
Quest, Quest Software, and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Texas
The article Dell's Quest Software Placed in a Challengers Position in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Identity Access and Governance originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.