Motorola Solutions Mobile Point of Sale Technology Pioneers Enhanced Shopping Experience for Canada'
Motorola Solutions Mobile Point of Sale Technology Pioneers Enhanced Shopping Experience for Canada's Largest Electronics Retailers
Best Buy Canada and Future Shop are the first retailers in Canada to launch Motorola's mPOS solution, designed to increase sales, customer service and staff productivity
SCHAUMBURG, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYS: MSI) , a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, is working with Best Buy Canada and Future Shop, Canada's first electronics retailers to roll out fully integrated, enterprise mobile point of sale (mPOS) solutions. Both companies today announced they have improved customer service and staff productivity at a number of stores with the implementation of tablet-based mPOS technology.
Best Buy Canada and Future Shop are leveraging new mPOS applications coupled with devices, like Motorola's ET1 enterprise tablet, to empower their retail associates to help customers from the beginning to the end of their shopping experience. Associates can handle more tasks, manage purchase transactions from anywhere in the store and in the future, plan to leverage omni-channel retail strategies like having out-of-stock items shipped to customers' homes or stores to meet their needs more effectively.
- Select Best Buy and Future Shop stores use the following Motorola Solutions' technology to drive its mPOS strategy:
- ET1 tablet - Designed for assisted selling, mPOS, item locator and planogram management and compliance applications, the Android-based ET1 tablet in WAN or WLAN configurations brings the consumer tablet experience to an enterprise-class device.
- MC40 mobile computer - The MC40 is the first multi-purpose mobile computer for retail that incorporates inventory management with collaboration and line-busting mPOS capabilities in a compelling form factor.
- MPM-100 Bluetooth® mobile payment module - A rugged addition to Motorola's enterprise-class mobile payment solutions, this device turns the mobile computer into a mPOS device capable of Chip and PIN, and MSR transactions.
- Motorola's mPOS solution also provides Best Buy and Future Shop with a mobile deployment and management solution, providing an easy way to keep their applications current and secure from a single, centralized IT location.
- A 2012 Motorola Solutions' mPOS study found that 75 percent of retailers currently using fixed computers for customer-facing applications expect to use handheld computers, smartphones and tablets for this purpose in the near future. And while only 23 percent of respondents indicated they are currently using mPOS solutions, they anticipate replacing more than 36 percent of their fixed POS systems with mPOS by the end of 2013.
John Kenney, executive vice president, Business Development, Stella Nova
"The latest mPOS solutions combine scanning, signature capture and payment technology, empowering sales associates to engage directly with customers and meet their increasing demands. A growing number of retailers like Best Buy Canada and Future Shop are taking advantage of this new tool, arming sales associates with handheld devices to provide increased coverage, line busting, and full mPOS with payment on the store floor."
Girish Rishi, senior vice president, Enterprise Solutions, Motorola Solutions
"Allowing an associate to stay by a customer's side and answer questions, order out-of-stock merchandise for direct delivery and reinforce his or her purchasing decision increases the likelihood of closing that sale. The new level of responsiveness mPOS delivers makes the shopping experience more personal and interactive. By eliminating the walk to the register, mPOS solutions can help save sales and build brand loyalty."
Motorola NRF Website:Motorola Solutions NRF 2013
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker "MSI." To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Best Buy Canada
Industry Analyst Relations Contact:
Office: + 1-847-576-1017
Mobile: + 1-847-521-6319
KEYWORDS: United States North America Canada Illinois
The article Motorola Solutions Mobile Point of Sale Technology Pioneers Enhanced Shopping Experience for Canada's Largest Electronics Retailers originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.