In the wake of the recent school shooting in Sandy Hook, Vice President Joe Biden and his task force has been making the rounds with the NRA and the film industry, and today, will be meeting with representatives from the video game industry, which will include the Entertainment Software Association CEO Mike Gallagher.
What exactly will come from these meetings remains to be seen; Biden says he'll present his findings to the President on Tuesday.
It's hard to imagine that the conversation will result in any major changes, i.e. seeing fewer guns in video games. Games with guns such as the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty series, make up a large portion of video game industry profits. The conversation will likely center on the ESRB Ratings System and, if anything, result in an attempt to create stricter enforcement of that system.
Of course, the implications of all of the Biden meetings with the entertainment industry speak louder than anything, that games (and TV and movies) are to blame for school shootings. Video game industry insiders are already having heated debates on the topic, but we want to hear what you think. Cast your vote in the poll below.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate at four-week low
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 5 soft, flattering sweaters under $50 at Nordstrom to buy right now…
- This Coconut Gelato is the perfect summer treat
- Mom threatens to scream in the middle of Target over pile of boys’ din…
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus