In the wake of the recent school shooting in Sandy Hook, Vice President Joe Biden and his task force has been making the rounds with the NRA and the film industry, and today, will be meeting with representatives from the video game industry, which will include the Entertainment Software Association CEO Mike Gallagher.
What exactly will come from these meetings remains to be seen; Biden says he'll present his findings to the President on Tuesday.
It's hard to imagine that the conversation will result in any major changes, i.e. seeing fewer guns in video games. Games with guns such as the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty series, make up a large portion of video game industry profits. The conversation will likely center on the ESRB Ratings System and, if anything, result in an attempt to create stricter enforcement of that system.
Of course, the implications of all of the Biden meetings with the entertainment industry speak louder than anything, that games (and TV and movies) are to blame for school shootings. Video game industry insiders are already having heated debates on the topic, but we want to hear what you think. Cast your vote in the poll below.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Yes, petite people can wear maxi dresses — here are 6 must-buy styl…
- 5 delicious ice cream sandwich recipes that are perfect for summer
- Thousands of Amazon shoppers love this best-selling projector with 3,7…
- Earn Unlimited 1.5x Miles for Every Dollar Spent on All Purchases
- $200 Sign Up Bonus to Start the Summer
- These 5 Cards Are No Risk, All Reward. Save today!