We've all heard tales about "landlords from hell," but this one might make all those nightmares look like sweet dreams. When actress Laura Evelyn inspected an apartment for rent in London, she says that she was handed a typed list of 31 "house rules" by her potential landlord, which she posted to Twitter.
The lengthy list of directives include "No Pork EVER IN HOUSE or fridge," no more than two visitors a month, no showers longer than 15 minutes -- and only in the mornings between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. and evenings between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. -- and no cooking for longer than 30 minutes. Also, overnight guests are prohibited unless discussed two weeks in advance and are subject to landlord approval.
Broken rules would lead to fines, a lost deposit or even immediate eviction. Unsurprisingly, Evelyn chose not move in.
The photograph of house rules on Evelyn's Twitter account, posted on Wednesday, has so far garnered over 2,500 retweets. For more strange (and in some cases, creepy) landlord requests, check out AOL Real Estate's "Listing Fail" series.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Make Money Moves With These Cards in 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program