Joe and Tina Simpson, parents of pregnant pop star Jessica Simpson, must be having trouble selling their home: They've given it a third price cut. Their majestic turreted manse in Encino, Calif., is now on the market for $3.595 million -- way down from the original price tag of $4.395 million. (Thanks to our friends at Estately for pointing this out to us!)
The Simpsons first put their six-bedroom, seven-bathroom storybook home up for sale in October amid reports that they were ending their 34-year marriage. Rumors swirled that Joe Simpson had a gay extramarital affair, though a family rep denied that a third party was involved. But pretty soon, the price of the home came down to $3.995 million in November. And now, it's been slashed again.
We're not sure why there would be any trouble finding a buyer. The home, sitting on 1.5 acres, oozes luxury. Outside, you'll find a pool, spa, grotto waterfall, putting green and fire pit. There's a turreted entrance inside that leads to gracious living spaces, vaulted ceilings, a home theater and a gourmet kitchen. (See the listing for more details.)
And, hey, Joe and Tina's (other) famous daughter, Ashlee Simpson, held her wedding there. We'd want to hold onto the house forever, but we can only imagine that the Simpsons are anxious to get rid of it and put the tabloid scandal that has become their lives behind them.
Find homes for sale in Encino, Calif., or search listings in your area.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program