More employers are requiring flu shots -- and firing workers who don't comply.
Indeed, workers across the country are resisting the drive to mandate the vaccine, as was reported by AOL Jobs and USA Today.
The workers are citing medical reasons like allergies and questions over the vaccine's efficacy, even though a recent study by The Lancet found the vaccine to be 59 percent effective. They are also making the choice amid a particularly brutal year for the flu; the percentage of people seeing health care providers for flu symptoms has stood at 5.6 percent for the past four weeks, as compared to 2.2 percent last year, according to the Centers for Disease Control.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.99% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap