Free Shipping Day Is Today: The 10 Best Deals You'll Find Online
While this fee-holiday isn't the only trick to getting free shipping for the holidays, it's certainly a boon to people who have put off their shopping until the final week and don't want to brave the malls.
As of Sunday night, almost 1,600 retailers had announced their participation in Free Shipping Day. That's down a bit from last year, which founder Luke Knowles attributes to the fact that it falls a day later this year -- evidently seven days isn't enough time for some retailers to guarantee Christmas Eve delivery with their ground shipping option.
The folks behind Free Shipping Day were nice enough to share with DailyFinance their top 10 favorite deals of the day. Keep in mind that these are among the last online sales that still allow you to get your gifts in time for Christmas without a pricey expedited shipping option.
Free Shipping Only
• The Limited, which normally makes you spend $100 to get free shipping, will offer free shipping on all orders.
• Fossil is offering free overnight shipping on all orders, without the usual $150 minimum.
• Bass Pro Shops, whose normal free shipping minimum is $75, will offer free shipping on all orders.
• J.C. Penneyoffers free shipping on all orders; the retailer normally makes you spend $50 to get free shipping.
• TravelSmith, which normally charges $10.95 for standard shipping, offers free shipping on all orders with no minimum purchase requirement.
• Sierra Trading Post, which normally charges between $5.95 to $16.95 for shipping depending on the size of your order, offers free shipping on all orders.
• Levi's offers free shipping plus 30% off all orders.
• J.Crewhas free shipping on all orders plus an additional 30% off. Note that this is part of an extended weekend deal we wrote about last week.
• Coldwater Creek takes 40% off all orders, in addition to totally free shipping.
• eBags offers free shipping plus an extra 25% off all orders. [UPDATE: The 25%-off deal can be had through the coupon code LINKABE251. However, the site is currently offering an automatic 30% off most items, and as the deals cannot be combined it looks like you're better off skipping the code and sticking with the default deal.]
Matt Brownell is the consumer and retail reporter for DailyFinance. You can reach him at Matt.Brownell@teamaol.com, and follow him on Twitter at @Brownellorama.