This mansion in Houston is one of the weirdest things we've ever seen: It's like someone took pieces of a classic, stately chateau and an uber-modern spread and smashed them together. The listing calls the home "masterfully re-imagined," but as our friends at Curbed put it, that would be "totally accurate if said master is keen on imagining the weirdest ways to mash up architecture."
The 5,116-square-foot home's $1.425 million price tag might seem like wishful thinking for such an odd-looking place -- until you've seen the interiors. A dreamy recessed ceiling in the master bedroom, a dining room with a disco-inspired light fixture, sweeping living spaces and quaint his and her bathrooms all give this home an eclectic assortment of styles that at least won't bore you. Of course, Curbed doesn't see it the way we do, calling the interiors "cheesy." But friends can agree to disagree. (Love you, guys.)
With five bedrooms, five bathrooms, a wine cellar and wet bar, and a terrace with gorgeous 360-degree views, we're just looking on the bright side.
See the listing for more details.
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap