We don't usually feature homes on #housepornthurs that aren't up for grabs. But we're making an exception for this Mercer Island, Wash., waterfront mansion that was submitted by AOL family member Mercer Island Patch last week. The uber-luxurious home sold in late November for $13.25 million. That may seem like a whopping price tag, but believe it or not, it pales in comparison to the home's original ask.
This from Mercer Island Patch's Kendall Watson:
Another grand waterfront home on Mercer Island sold was sold last week, and local officials are hailing a series of major real estate sales in the past four months as a sign the local housing market is recovering.
The large waterfront home, located at 4137 Boulevard Place, sold for $13,250,000 million on Nov. 21, according to property records. The home was last listed with an asking price of $16,288,000 by Ewing & Clark Principal Broker Kris Robbs and was sold by Kathy Beckes with Coldwell Banker Danforth.
The seven-bed, eight-bath, 13,560-square-foot lakefront mansion was owned through a trust by David and Becky Sandwith, local residents who own a second, more modest home nearby. The home was originally put up for sale with an asking price of $28.8 million in 2010.
The buyer is a trust whose trustee is John R Tomlinson Jr., a partner of Seattle law firm Barokas Martin & Tomlinson and a litigator specializing in real estate, construction and business, according to the firm's website.
Read the rest of Mercer Island Patch's post on the home.
Click on the images below to see more homes for sale in Mercer Island, Wash.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Make Money Moves With These Cards in 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program