This was a relatively calm Black Friday for Walmart, in terms of bodily injuries -- just an alleged gunfight over a parking space, and a drunk driver. But the worst incident reportedly occurred two days later, in the early hours of the morning, when Walmart workers tackled a shoplifting suspect who then died.
At 1:30 a.m. on Sunday a middle-aged man allegedly tried to steal two DVD players from a Walmart in Lithonia, Ga., according to a police report obtained by ABC affiliate WSB-TV in Atlanta. Three employees at the store restrained the man in the parking lot, and when the police arrived they found him unresponsive and bleeding from the nose and mouth. He was pronounced dead at the DeKalb Medical-Hillandale Hospital.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Home Equity Surges: Compare Home Equity Loans
- Age 62+? Take this Quiz to Qualify for a Home Equity Conversion
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps New Home Buyers Qualify to Buy
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards For 2022
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- 3 Cards That Can Help You Take Your Dream Vacation
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold