When Losing is Winning: Life Time Members Lose More Than 32,000 Pounds During the Life Time Weight L
When Losing is Winning: Life Time Members Lose More Than 32,000 Pounds During the Life Time Weight Loss 90-Day Challenge
Charles Balling and Lynda Dupre out-lose 11,866 participants and win national 90-Day Challenge
CHANHASSEN, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- More than 32,000 pounds were shed over the past 90 days during Life Time - The Healthy Way of Life Company's (NYS: LTM) 90-Day Weight Loss Challenge. 11,866 Life Time members participated in the program, which encouraged participants to lose the largest percentage of body weight during three months with the support of exercise and nutrition coaching. Charles Balling from Berkeley Heights, N.J. and Lynda Dupre from South Austin, Texas won the competition by losing the largest percent of body weight.
Charles Balling (Berkeley Heights, N.J.): After stepping on the scale and realizing he was too heavy to accurately weigh in, Charles made a commitment to lift weight to lose weight and lost 86.8 pounds. (Photo: Life Time Fitness)
To add to the competition, the 90-Day Challenge also included a Fan Favorites category featuring male and female winners from each club. Through an online vote, Eric Morud from Eagan, Minn. and Keely Shaw from Westminster, Colo. were named Fan Favorites for their dedication, transformation and positive attitude throughout the challenge. The Life Time Weight Loss 90 Day Challenge is a source of inspiration and a catalyst for members to start a comprehensive, time bound, personal challenge that will transform their outlook and behavior about weight management.
"Helping our members to take personal responsibility for their health, while providing a fun and educational challenge to help them achieve their goals is what Life Time is all about," said Jeff Zwiefel, executive vice president, Operations. "Our 90-Day Challenge uniquely delivers the people, programs, support and motivation necessary to provide members with healthy habits for life."
Among thousands of success stories shared as a part of the 90-Day Challenge, the national winners and Fan Favorites are:
- Charles Balling (Berkeley Heights, N.J.): After stepping on the scale and realizing he was too heavy to accurately weigh in, Charles made a commitment to lift weight to lose weight and lost 86.8 pounds.
- Lynda Dupre (South Austin, Texas): For years Linda followed every dinner by asking "What's for dessert?" until she woke up overweight and unhealthy. Lynda dedicated 90 days to herself, declaring she was "in it to win it," and lost 62.2 pounds and 27.9% of her body weight.
- Eric Morud (Eagan, Minn.): Inspired by his three year old son, three month old daughter and wife, Eric knew he had to start setting a healthy example. By focusing on flawless nutrition and twice daily workouts, Eric shed 86 pounds and 28.4% of his body weight.
- Keely Shaw (Westminster, Colo.): Keely has always been uncomfortable in her body but after losing almost 60 pounds during the Spring 90-Day Challenge, Keely realized she was worth fighting for. This time, Keely progressed through a Couch to 5K program, lost another 54.4 pounds and is now training for a half marathon.
During the Challenge, participants received:
- Weekly weigh-ins and weight loss events
- Consultation with a Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach to help outline their plan
- Two nutrition seminars, an informational grocery store tour, and a comprehensive nutrition e-Book
- Web-enabled support tools via myLT.com
National winners and Fan Favorites were rewarded with a one-year Life Time membership and a $2,000 travel voucher toward a vacation of their choice. National winners also received $5,000.
For more information on the next 90-Day Challenge, including inspiring stories of personal transformations, visit http://lifetime-weightloss.com/90day.
In line with this message, Life Time is focusing on reversing the current, destructive state of health and poor nutrition, by launching a movement to take a stance and personal responsibility to make America healthier. It's called Commitment Day and will launch on January 1, 2013 in a symbolic unity, and America participating in run/walk events in more than 30 U.S. cities simultaneously. With the launch of Commitment Day, Life Time and its founding partners and ambassadors will present Americans with a no excuses, healthy lifestyle revolution. 100 percent of the net proceeds of this movement will be distributed to a variety of Healthy Way of Life charities. Join the movement by registering or share a personal pledge at www.CommitmentDay.com.
About Life Time Fitness, Inc.
As The Healthy Way of Life Company, Life Time Fitness (NYS: LTM) helps organizations, communities and individuals achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals by engaging in their areas of interest - or discovering new passions - both inside and outside of Life Time's distinctive and large sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa destinations, most of which operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Company's Healthy Way of Life approach enables customers to achieve this by providing the best programs, people and places of uncompromising quality and value. As of November 14, 2012, the Company operated 105 centers under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC(SM) brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information about Life Time centers, programs and services is available at lifetimefitness.com
Life Time Fitness, Inc.
Lauren Flinn, 952-229-7776
KEYWORDS: United States North America Minnesota
The article When Losing is Winning: Life Time Members Lose More Than 32,000 Pounds During the Life Time Weight Loss 90-Day Challenge originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.