WebMediaBrands' Inside Network Research Findings -- Developers Must Look Beyond App Store Promotion
WebMediaBrands' Inside Network Research Findings -- Developers Must Look Beyond App Store Promotion to Drive Mobile Game Downloads
Inside Network's Mobile App Research Service (MARS) shows importance of external download factors
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WebMediaBrands Inc.'s (NAS: WEBM) Inside Network, the leader in tracking application performance and market trends across social and mobile platforms, today announced the publication of the first report in the recently launched Mobile App Research Service (MARS). MARS monthly reports help companies capitalize on the growing app economy by providing insight into user and developer trends in specific mobile app genres.
The report, "Mobile Games: Driving Discovery," examines mobile game user behaviors such as game acquisition frequency versus playing frequency, genre loyalty, and motivations for game purchases. It concludes that developers must do more to focus on drivers beyond those in the app store. According to the report, more consumers (23 percent) cite recommendations from the media and friends as download influencers than such app store features as reviews (19 percent) and screenshots or video (10 percent).
"App stores have become the central hub for acquiring new mobile apps, but they are not necessarily a destination that consumers visit frequently," said report author Ross Rubin, research director for Inside Network. "Generating social media buzz, viral marketing, and more traditional word-of-mouth and reviews from publications can factor in rising above the clutter."
About Inside Network Research
Inside Network Research is comprised of industry-leading research services Mobile App Research Service and Social App Research Service) and products (AppData, PageData, GPlusData, and Facebook Marketing Bible).
- MobileAppResearchService (MARS) is our monthly mobile app research report package. These original reports provide insight into user and developer trends in specific mobile app genres, and also explore broader implications for the mobile ecosystem as a whole. Quarterly research analysis webinars are hosted for annual MARS subscribers. Clients also have access to up to 10 analyst calls per year to discuss research report topics. MARS research is led by veteran industry analyst and Inside Network research director Ross Rubin.
- SocialAppResearchService (SOARS) is our monthly social app research report package. These original reports provide insight into user and developer trends in specific social app genres, and also explore broader implications for the social ecosystem as a whole. Quarterly research analysis webinars are hosted for annual SOARS subscribers. Clients also have access to up to 10 analyst calls per year to discuss research report topics. SOARS research is led by veteran industry analyst Billy Pidgeon
- AppData is the top independent service tracking traffic and trends for Facebook and mobile applications. AppData provides performance data for specific apps and developers, historical metrics, and detailed market and audience information.
- PageData is an independent service that tracks user interaction and engagement data for Facebook Pages. PageData provides stats on historical Likes, People Talking About This, Post Likes, Comments, and Shares.
- The Facebook Marketing Bible is an ever-expanding guidebook for marketers, advertisers, and entrepreneurs who want to learn how to make the most of Facebook to increase reach and conversions.
- GPlusData is a comprehensive service that tracks trends and statistics for Google+ People and Pages. Discover which individuals and brands are most engaging, most followed, and experiencing the most growth.
About WebMediaBrands Inc.
WebMediaBrands Inc. (NAS: WEBM) (http://www.webmediabrands.com) is a leading Internet media company that provides content, education, and career services to social media, traditional media, and creative professionals through a portfolio of vertical online properties, communities, and trade shows. The Company's online business includes: (i) mediabistro.com, a leading blog network providing content, education, community, and career resources (including the industry's leading online job board) about major media industry verticals including new media, social media, Facebook, TV news, advertising, public relations, publishing, design, and mobile; (ii)InsideNetwork.com, a leading network of online properties providing original market research, data services, news, and job listings on the Facebook platform, on social gaming, and on mobile applications ecosystems; and (iii)SemanticWeb.com, a leading blog providing content, education, community resources and career resources on the commercialization and application of Semantic Technologies, Linked Data, and Big Data. The Company's online business also includes community, membership and e-commerce offerings including a freelance listing service, a marketplace for designing and purchasing logos (stocklogos.com) and premium membership services. The Company's trade show and educational offerings include conferences, online and in-person courses, and video subscription libraries on topics covered by the Company's online business.
All current WebMediaBrands press releases can be found online at
For information on WebMediaBrands:
Caitlin McKinney, 212-547-7870
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article WebMediaBrands' Inside Network Research Findings -- Developers Must Look Beyond App Store Promotion to Drive Mobile Game Downloads originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.