Last month, King.com announced the release of Pet Rescue Saga on Facebook, another game in the company's long line of match-three games. Pet Rescue Saga takes the standard formula of clicking on groups of two or more like-colored symbols and slows it down a bit by only offering you a small group of non-replenishing squares, with the overall goal being to remove as many squares from the board as you can.
Each level's board comes in a different shape, and some columns may hold trapped animals on the top. As you clear columns containing those animals, they're rescued from the board, and you can continue to eliminate squares until you either clear the entire board or run out of moves. Since squares won't regenerate, each level becomes more about strategy than speed, as players that use forethought and planning will be able to destroy far more blocks and therefore earn far more points than those that frantically click on matches as they see them.
Each level has a pair of goals, like those that ask you to earn a certain number of points, rescue a specific number of pets or clear a certain percentage of the blocks on the board, and while these are fairly easy to complete, earning all three stars on a stage isn't. There's a great deal of replayability here, as you can continue to retry levels until you earn all three stars on each stage and eventually decide to continue on.
Later stages unlock power-ups like a rocket that can clear out an entire row or a hammer that can destroy a single block that's preventing you from completing a stage. Levels layouts also become more complex and difficult to clear, with obstacles that prevent some blocks from falling or touching. While this overall gameplay setup of destroying as many blocks as possible in a single stage definitely isn't new, it's these additions of power-ups and obstacles, the ability to replay levels, and the overall colorful, beautiful graphics that really make Pet Rescue Saga stand out.
If you've yet to try Pet Rescue Saga on Facebook, you can now jump in with the game's over 1 million monthly players for free.
Play Pet Rescue Saga on Facebook now >
Have you tried Pet Rescue Saga on Facebook? What do you think of this strategic twist on the normally fast-paced match-three gameplay? Sound off in the comments!
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tr…
- Key 30-year mortgage rate stays low, refinancing window still open
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Can you refinance with $0 out of pocket?
- Refinance rates at 2.02% APR. Calculate your rate now
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- PEZ responds to TikTok hack showing the ‘real’ way to load its cand…
- Dads are overcome with emotion when they finally meet their twin newbo…
- TikToker reveals secret opening in oven door that allows parents to cl…
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Make Money Moves With These Cards in 2021